Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying: High Speed Video Recorder

Hey All,

I run an academy in Australia and im looking at purchasing a high speed video recorder.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good ones to purchase?

Happy to spend a fair amount and get a good quality one.

Richard

One of the Casios. Here is an overview of how I look at it:

Last edited by johnyandell; 10-20-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Casio cameras

Richard -

The 4 models w/ High Speed & adjustable shutter to consider are:

1) Exilim F1 - best picture quality and most expensive, not HD - spend around $1000 (US) on Ebay.

2) Exilim FH20 - Poor battery

3) Exilim FH25 - poor battery

4) Exilim FH100 - smallest, HD, good battery - spent around $400 (US) on Ebay.

Sean

Comment

Sean,

So all the other three are as "adjustable" as the F1?

Comment

Casio

John -

Yes. The F1, FH20, FH25 & FH100 are the only cameras that have high speed video & adjustable shutter speed for video. Some casio cameras have adjustable shutter speed but only for pictures not video. Dave Phillips of the TPI (Titleist Performance Institute - golf) is extremely knowledgeable about all this video information. He actually is working w/ Sony on a camera that will come out in 1 year that he says will revolutionize the industry.

Sean

Comment

Sean,

Cannot wait for the sony camera if it does what I hope...

Last question on the casios. Other than the F1 do you know if you can also adjust the aperature and the iso? The F1 you can which means you can get something usable even in indoor light.

Comment

casio

To look at small details like position of the wrist is Casio better or high definition camcorder just as clear?

Comment

Casio vs. Camcorder

Bobbyswift -

Casio is much better than camcorders. Casio is a high speed camera where you can take up to 1000 frames per second (you will only need 120 or 240 frames) w/ adjustable shutter speed (adjust depending on how much light you are shooting in) which will allow for a clear picture when you go frame by frame. A camcorder will have maybe 60 frames per second (some maybe more) but no adjustable shutter speed. Which means when you go frame by frame, it will be blurry.

Sean

Comment

Aperture

John -

The highest I can set my shutter on the fh100 is 1/2000. sold my fh20's, not sure about it.

Sean

Comment

Thanks for all your help Sean

I cant find the EX-1 on ebay

Is there any other camera that you recommend retail? whatever the latest one they sell currently is

What if I wanted to spent ~$2000-3000?

Last edited by bowt; 10-25-2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Bot to Bowt

Get a body-length mirror. Then use it both for stroke production and to ask, "Mirror mirror on the wall, which is the fairest camera of them all?"

Comment

Casio F1

Richard -

Look under Casio EX-F1 camera. Amazon sells them, as well.

Sean

Comment

not in australia!

Comment

I presently use Dartfish with a camcorder. When you use Casio how do you present to students.

Comment

Bobby,
                              I take the card out of the camera, put it in the mac and open two side by side QT windows--one the student--the clip pops right up in QT, and the other the pro model.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2585 users online. 9 members and 2576 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X