Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seano View Post
    Bobbyswift -

Casio is much better than camcorders. Casio is a high speed camera where you can take up to 1000 frames per second (you will only need 120 or 240 frames) w/ adjustable shutter speed (adjust depending on how much light you are shooting in) which will allow for a clear picture when you go frame by frame. A camcorder will have maybe 60 frames per second (some maybe more) but no adjustable shutter speed. Which means when you go frame by frame, it will be blurry.

Sean
    Am looking for a new high speed video recorder as well. Just a bit confused here: you say casio is better than camcorders. Do you take a high speed video with the casio or just a high speed photo sequence? Thanks

Comment

casio

Phil -

The 4 Casio cameras (F1, FH20, FH25, FH100) take high speed videos up to 1000 frames per second (I use 240 fps) with adjustable shutter speed depending on the lighting. Filming indoors I set the shutter speed at around 1/500, outdoors I set it at 1/2000. The F1 and FH 100 have the best batteries.

Sean

Comment

Thanks Sean

Comment

With the Casio exlim f1 would you use ipad or mac laptop. Thanks so much for the advice, I just received the Casio camera.

Comment

F1

Bobbyswift -

I use it on a window's based tablet (Samsung Ativ 900) because my V1 software wasn't compatible w/ an android unit. Never tried ipad's or macs.

Sean

Comment

Tablet

Sorry, my tablet is a Samsung Ativ 700T

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
                Sorry, my tablet is a Samsung Ativ 700T
                Makes me wonder why Casio quit the manual shutter option? Could it be that their automatic shutters work just as well in low light? Has anyone tested any of these latest Casios to find out? http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/dc/lineup/#a1

Casio seem to evolve their cameras at an incredible rate.
                Stotty

Comment

When you replay casio with quick time can you synch contact points for two players like with dartfish. Or do you need different program than quicktime.

Comment

Just received my Casio EX-ZR200 today. Only hassle was switching the digital menu from Japanese to English, but found it eventually. Will be trying it out next week.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                      Just received my Casio EX-ZR200 today. Only hassle was switching the digital menu from Japanese to English, but found it eventually. Will be trying it out next week.
                      I will be keen to know how you find your new camera. I am toying with the idea of buying one of the EXILIM range. Will you be posting your verdict? If not can you send me a PM?
                      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                        I will be keen to know how you find your new camera. I am toying with the idea of buying one of the EXILIM range. Will you be posting your verdict? If not can you send me a PM?
                        Will do. Need to find a suitable tripod first.

Comment

New Generation

Casios were great 5-6 years ago and have improved marginal to 120 fps at 640x480 and 240 fps at 512x384. But now, even iPhone 6/6s can shoot at 240 fps 720x480.

There's a micro-funded project which will produce a few hundred cameras. Not sure the details but I think the camera was pledged at $500-1700 depending on models. The fps1000 can shoot HD 290fps at 1280x720…850 fps at 640x360. It has a C-mount so potentially it can take high quality lenses and zoom in easily.
                          They just sold out for 2015.

The new generation is around the corner…

Comment

Originally posted by DougEng View Post
                            The new generation is around the corner…
                            That's the problem, with technology advances so rapid nowadays, a new generation is always around the corner. At some point you have to go for it...

Comment

Doug,

What camera was that? Did you get one?

Comment

John in quick time can you sync contact points with the two images.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8174 users online. 5 members and 8169 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X