klacr Strokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbyswift View Post
    Kyle I see your serve somewhat similar to Feliciano Lopez. Look at your his at trophy position. Very similar nothing like Pete Sampras. Your separation angle might not be as good as Lopez hard to tell with out frame by frame. But that would appear to be flexibility. You have a great looking game potentially. One other question to me is the size of your forehand volley. You are very comfortable striking it but I am pondering would this swing work for modern player. Rosewall Laver all had similar size technique as do I. But with modern pace not sure if that works.
    bobbyswift,

I'll take that comparison to Lopez! Thanks. Guess I'm naturally flexible. No exercises or stretching out of the ordinary.

As for my volleys, in my initial post I mentioned I was not happy with the ones that I taped and will be taping those again. I agree with my backswing on forehand volleys. They are much better than what it shows. I got a bit careless and ball high and preditable. Put me up against a hard hitting modern player with pace and spin and I'll shine. I'll post up some better volleys in the future when time of thread is appropriate.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

• Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      The funny thing is, I bet Kyle is the best player in this thread....
      Thanks Phil. We may never know if we can't organize this tennsiplayer.net tennis tournament now would we? . In the end, it's all relative. I currently have 0 grand slams.
      Being the best hypothetical player is of little value. It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.

I just love to hit the ball and hit all shots against all players of all ages and ability. Love to learn about the game.

Will send you a message soon about a possible business trip to Switzerland I have coming up. Would love to hit for a few days and we'll work on your racquet drop and my forehand

Kyle LaCroix
      Boca Raton

Comment

• Originally posted by klacr View Post
        Will send you a message soon about a possible business trip to Switzerland I have coming up. Would love to hit for a few days and we'll work on your racquet drop and my forehand

Kyle LaCroix
        Boca Raton
        Wow, that would be great Kyle!

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post
          Here's an animation of what I'm talking about in the above post. Watch how Kyle uses his shoulder rotation to start the sequence, which is followed by the pulling of the arm forward, followed by the racket which is in the slot position.

Two other standouts for me are Kyle's awesome use of his left arm. He really keeps his left hand on the racket head (right by his right ear) to get a great shoulder coil. And then start the uncoiling of the shoulders by sweeping the left hand to his opposite side.

And second, his balance and center of gravity are fantastic. He is not leaning forward or backwards. Just a solid center of gravity around which his upper body rotates.

The most interesting thing about this forehand, and some of the other positives on my other shots that people have commented on is I think absolutely ZERO about those elements. just natural. Go figure. The items that have been brought up have always been issues and I try to focus on those in the past but clearly to no avail. Funny how the mind and body connection happens.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

• This is what we all expect by next week.

Comment

• Great Thread

Love this thread. Great to see everyone taking an interest in one of our great contributors.

Regarding the racket drop, I thought it would be interesting to check out Del Potro as 1) he is about the same height as Kyle and 2) like Kyle, he has a conservative (old school) grip. The link below completely supports what many on the thread have said - even a big guy needs to get the racket head under the ball. As Don Brousseau said, gravity applies to everyone!

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...nter&stroke=FH Center NeutralStance Front 240fps.mp4

Comment

• Originally posted by 10splayer View Post
                http://youtu.be/4AhVtScEkZ4

This is what we all expect by next week.
                No Promises! Although he looks good, my aspirations are much higher. I don't want to be Roger. I want to be Kyle LaCroix. Pave my own path. To be a rock and not to roll.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWeiss View Post
                  Love this thread. Great to see everyone taking an interest in one of our great contributors.

Regarding the racket drop, I thought it would be interesting to check out Del Potro as 1) he is about the same height as Kyle and 2) like Kyle, he has a conservative (old school) grip. The link below completely supports what many on the thread have said - even a big guy needs to get the racket head under the ball. As Don Brousseau said, gravity applies to everyone!

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...nter&stroke=FH Center NeutralStance Front 240fps.mp4
                  "Gravity applies to everyone"

So you mean even at my size I can't disobey the laws of physics huh? Bummer. Need to have a talk with that Isaac Newton character.

Thanks for the input Ed. I think you are on the right path and bring up a fair question.
                  Is there a specific distance in inches or feet that I need to drop the head below the ball? Do I need to get even lower due to my height or can I drop a minimal amount due to a higher strike zone height relative to a guy that is 5'10"?
                  Or are these questions insignificant because the actual measurement is so minimal it would do me more harm than good if I thought about it? Should I just go out and take a few gulps from a bottle of 1945 Bordeaux and just relax? If the latter, A Mouton Rothchild perhaps?

Kidding aside, I probably would get more out of seeing taller guys still have to drop the racquet and see how they maneuver their limbs. Del Potro is a good example. What about Berdych or Cilic? Would these be good models?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwxhXbZ4f0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZXReLNU1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVpIJ4zF80

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

• See how berd coils sideways, angled towards the right net post? All top forehands do the same thing: angle the chest towards the net post, no matter what the stance: open, closed, neutral. Deeper knee bend, and large snap back? He has a larger coil backwards, inverting the frame towards the net, twisting against his own torso, and larger uncoil forwards. That's the shot you should be emulating. Compare it to your coil: no inversion, chest not coiled: straight on to the net, little snap back, no over the neck wrap a round on uncoil. "Shadow swing a couple of thousand times"
                    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 11-19-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Quicktime Versions

Forehands

Last edited by johnyandell; 11-17-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• amazing work John.

Comment

• Quicktime Backhands

Backhands

Comment

• Volleys

Volleys

Comment

• Serves

Serves

Comment

• Thanks John, much easier to analyze.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8871 users online. 6 members and 8865 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X