The Jack Kramer Autograph: A Tale of Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    A word from the directors of the John McEnroe Tennis Academy.

I thought this was particularly interesting…and particularly good. Particularly coming from an academy. Leave it to Johnny Bad Boy. No throwing racquets and when it is time to pick up balls…get it done. No pussy footing around.

What a complete crock of shit right from paragraph one.

JM does John McEnroe believes strongly that young players do not have to leave home or to train full-time at an academy in a location with warm weather. Family and familiar surroundings are important to the overall well-being of young athletes pursuing excellence.

John McEnroe sent his own kid away from home to IMG Academy.

Our Coaching is Positive, Encouraging and Motivating. We believe that when kids are motivated and encouraged, good things happen.

I worry when coaches talk about being great motivators. These guys must deal with clients who needs to be pushed. That's bad. I always tell my young one, if a coach can find a technical weakness in your game, that is VERY bad. A player will do the same in a match. You'd better find it first, and rectify it. Mind you, she is eight, and has a lot of holes, however, she gets it. Jesus. Yikes. Reading that makes me shake my head.

Hey don_budge, that's a heck of a good sales pitch they wrote. You think John Mac wrote that, or some suit in New York wrote it for $500.00 an hour to appeal to what parents want to hear?

You know what is really interesting?

I called this morning just for shits and giggles to this academy. I asked the following questions, (1) Can I speak to John (Oh, he's not here), (2) No, ah can you transfer me to his voicemail (ah, he has no voicemail), (3) Is he their now on the courts (ah, no, I haven't seen him in a while now here), (4) Well can you give me his SportTime email (ah, well he does not have one), (5) Okay, I get it, how do I schedule a lesson with him (Ah, well, I am not sure), (6) Is their a price list, what is his lesson fee (Ah, well, I don't know, I can put you through to someone else)

The New York Post had an interesting article on the financials recently for the academy.

You cannot be serious — about John McEnroe’s tennis charity. The former Wimbledon champ’s nonprofit, the Johnny Mac Tennis Project, promises to serve scholarships to “expose young athletes . . . to…

We got so much academy - agent interest out of the blue in late summer when we went abroad to Europe for the first time, and it was then that I decided I'd just internally fund our own deal and stay away from all of this nonsense, even though it would all be free.

Its better just to make your own team, and do your own program and not have to deal with these condescending people who say one thing and do another.

The first line they say something, when in fact John McEnroe did the opposite.

My lord.
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 12-24-2014, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      Even swimming and gymnastics?
      Yah, you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        The only revenge in life…is success. One cannot get even by stooping to the lows of one's antagonists. You will never know how low the antagonist is willing to stoop to.

John McEnroe Tennis Academy Student Noah Rubin Wins Wimbledon Juniors. First American To Take Title Since 2007; Beats Fellow American Stefan Kozlov, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 In Championship - PR12345120

The John McEnroe Tennis Academy…only in operation since 2010 produces a home grown Wimbledon junior champion.

John McEnroe Tennis Academy Student Noah Rubin Wins Wimbledon Juniors

Jul. 6, 2014 - NEW YORK -- Noah Rubin has completed his storybook run through the Wimbledon Boys' Singles draw, becoming the first American in seven years to win the title, defeating fellow American Stefan Kozlov, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, today on No. 1 Court. Rubin, who trains at the John McEnroe Tennis Academy in New York, defeated three seeded players, advancing through the qualifying draw. In all, Rubin won seven matches to take the Championship.

“I am proud to see two American boys in the finals of the Wimbledon juniors for the first time since my first visit to Wimbledon in 1977,” said John McEnroe, “and prouder still to see Noah take the title. He has worked very hard on and off the court, and it is exciting to see him come through in such a big way on the big stage.”
        Geez, you'd think you'd understand they did not have a lot to do with that kids development. They simply poached him, just as IMG did with your kid Aaron Krickstein and with Andre Agassi who was developed by dad. You've been around long enough to get it don_budge. The kid has been playing tennis for 14 years now, close to two decades, and his game was set at the age of 6-9 like every other star players out there. You know this, and I know this, and lets not kid ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          Mc was the one who called them horse steroids, as did his ex I believe. Just another cover up imo. She also claimed he took many other drugs as well. Who do you believe? I believe her. Not some guy who cheated stringers of their rightful payments.
          And to close off on this note look at this one ...

You may recall that Chris Davis of the Baltimore Orioles drew a 25-game suspension late last season for the unauthorized use of Adderall. Well, he now has a prescription for it so he’s back in the good books. Adderall is used to treat ADHD. The Baltimore Sun reports that MLB issued 112 exemptions for Adderall in 2014. There are about 750 MLB players. About four per cent of the general population deals with ADHD.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3188 users online. 5 members and 3183 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X