How much do you workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    Shovel. The car is free! Monfils up two sets to one. Shovel technique…two handed cross handed forehand (to the left hand side).
    Sciatica on both sides now. One stripe down center of driveway. Push everything else then to one side or the other with one arm or the other but not both except for a little lift-twist at the end.

If it's deep, which hasn't happened yet this year, I'll try to use the same method only take off a layer or two first-- in stages.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
      I'm supposed to take up the Christmas lights on the front hedge but haven't done so yet. Am afraid I'll get electrocuted.
      Just make sure they are unplugged and not wet.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
        Just make sure they are unplugged and not wet.
        The big reason I didn't get hired as a safety person for the huge L.E. Myers construction firm, the vice-president in Rural Hall, N.C. said, was that the safety guys in Chicago were afraid I'd try to take over their department.

The vice-president, Bill Green, thought this hilarious, but that didn't do me any good.

L.E. Myers was Thomas B. Edison's first salesman. L.E. Myers Inc. had 20 plus installations all over the United States. I can't remember whether the number was 20, 30 40 or 50. I caused the administrators to shut down the whole computer system one time for half a day through playing with my Macros. Bill asked me to write a critique of the one safety manual. About 4 or 5 persons were getting fried every year.

But the point of criticism the mojos really didn't like, I suspect, was over a fatal accident where two boom trucks were side by side working on the same transmission lines.

The one boom hit the other boom like an arm wrestler flattening the arm of his opponent.

The man in the bottom basket got killed.

Only one boom truck at a time, for crying out loud, I suggested.

My older sister was for a short time top safety person for the American Horse Show Association. I'm sure she rubbed a lot of overly fashion conscious horse people contemptuous of riding helmets the wrong way. But she assembled the people to set the standard for pony club helmets and made sure that all approved riding helmets in the country look pretty good and still testifies all over North America in riding accident negligence cases involving head injuries for both sides (plaintiff and defendant depending on who hires her).

I am not my sister but know I could have done this kind of work, but you are right, Geoff, I will unplug the lights before I take them up in the next 10 minutes. But they can be wet, right, as long as they're unplugged?
        Last edited by bottle; 01-23-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

A harder, longer, colder job than I thought, that interfered with my plan for cross-country skiing. Rolled the lights, once I got them untangled and spread out in the snow, onto seven rolled newspapers. Forearm training for next Fall.

Went skiing anyway. Was only on four inches but I got good giant steps. A lot like rowing: How much run do you get for every stroke.
          Last edited by bottle; 01-23-2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2985 users online. 4 members and 2981 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X