Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man's Best Friend...and the Uphill Climb

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
    Okay, don_budge explain to me what you actually do right now (excercises) and what injuries you have that you are working around right now.

​​​​​​​Its good you have dogs and walk - hopefully your area has mountains, yes?
    I've got a pretty good program going for myself now. I don't start at the club until 2.30 or 3.30 in the afternoon and I am on the court for twenty hours. Obviously at my age (62) I am not training for the Olympics but exercise with two things in mind. I want to be "prehabilitative" with respect to injury and I want to gradually improve my conditioning to the best of my ability.

It's a simple thing that I do. In my small office on the second floor of our farm house overlooking thousands of acres of Swedish country side I have an exercise mat. I do a routine of stretching, resistance and abdominal exercises. Typical of exercises you will find on the internet if you google these words. On top of that I do a walk and run with my chocolate labrador Puntzie.

This collar bone focus is an interesting focal point when it comes to movement. On my 5.2 kilometer walk and run with Puntzie today I was doing 200 and 300 step runs. My conditioning is really improving. I am sort of rehabilitating my knees which had started to sort of give out on my. But through exercise I seem to have brought them back from the dead. I am impressed with the efforts. The 200 and 300 step runs are a revelation now and it is a new life for me. No pain...no discomfort.

Back to the collar bone. The tennis swings work their way from the bottom up...from the feet to the top. Movement forwards is simple and best kept as efficient as possible. When keeping control of the collar bone the hips are automatically on line and this has a way of working the feet more efficiently. I might add that I have a perfect gait (my shoes have always lasted forever with the perfect wear on the bottom) and every step is like a prayer to the good Mother Earth.

I do a little with light weights and with a weight machine at the club after my lessons. Overall I don't have any injuries to speak of and seem to be feeling better and better with my program as time goes on. I have religiously kept track of my performance for six months now. Gradually increasing when I can but with the goal of sustainability in mind. I was just curious as to what you meant by your abdominal training and was wondering if you could shed any light on better ways to improve core strength and flexion.

The dog is a gift from God. What an animal. God spelled backwards. No mountains...rather flat farmlands. However my track has a couple of nice hills.

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Some Really Nice Personal Description in this Thread

Very simply, now, a concern or rather preference I am developing comes from comparing Wawrinka to Haas. Haas gets his racket up then brings it into his body as it falls. Wawrinka gets it up then brings it around an extra amount as he steps out. The racket gets to the same place-- down by the left pocket-- but in a different way. But one can go for a purer drop that will turn into rise with all of it on an inside out path if doing like Wawrinka.
      Last edited by bottle; 12-18-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7647 users online. 9 members and 7638 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X