14 Year Old Makes Emirates Atp Rankings History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
    Lacks Roger's natural power (or propensity for power) and that will be his achilles heel. I don't see him being dangerous in the serve department, which is a must if you want to be a true generational player.

Reminds me a lot of a 2015 version of Agassi with six more inches, and more speed.

Armageddon tennis is the future, and this is the first wave.

His footwork is NBA projectable, and you can see it on his backhand which sure looks like Jimmy Connors to me (better actually, its the best I have seen). He'll be very dangerous off that wing playing serve - volley, and transitioning to the net, so hopefully they let him hit the shot and work on transitioning to the net as it's deadly.
    No one is saying he will be better than Federer.

In fact, hard to say anyone will ever be like Roger ever again. Last of the mohicans.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
      No one is saying he will be better than Federer.

In fact, hard to say anyone will ever be like Roger ever again. Last of the mohicans.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton
      Someone always comes along who is better, and their will be a next woman or a man who appears from the 2001 to 2006 age group who will take the athletic portion of tennis to a whole new level (NBA, NFL - truly elite), as its the next.

But, I don't think it will be this kid.

I think his footwork is going to be better than Roger's and Pete's, (like I said, he is the closest any tennis player has ever been to an NBA projectable level), however, he lacks Federer's - Sampras' - raw propensity for power, and live arm which is a very underrated aspect of his game.

I see this Felix kid again being more like a bigger, 6'3 to 6'5 version - clone of Agassi (and 2020 will be when he truly arrives as a big time momentum changing potential world number one). I can't see him doing a ton of damage with his serve, much the same as Agassi, however, he's got some very nice assets.

Comment

Lost in Translation?

yes. Someone will always come along who is better. But they won't be "like" Roger.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Sampras was so deadly because of his ability to play much better under greater pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
            yes. Someone will always come along who is better. But they won't be "like" Roger.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton
            Okay, I get what you meant.

Comment

The Point…won with a "Felix Featherer"

Originally posted by lobndropshot View Post
              That was a nice video clip of one single point. I believe that the point was some 43 strokes long. Felix was in control of every single shot…even his opponents. His opponent was not able to make any inroads after his serve…not once. Felix had him on the defensive the entire point until at that end…on the last several strokes he was running the opponent from side to side of the court until he finally ended the thing with a "Felix Featherer".

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
              The Federer Featherer. Roger's drop shot. The touch. The majestic disguise. The inherent deceit. It's the lie. A thing of beauty. Sublime.
              I would say that the birthday is not the only thing that the kid has in common with Roger Federer. He understands the concept of maintaining pressure on your opponent. Right out of the book…of you know who. Bill Tilden…you got it.

Exceptional match play acumen…particularly when you take into consideration that he is only 14 years old…soon to be 15.
              Last edited by don_budge; 07-29-2015, 01:10 AM.
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

A nice future ahead for the young man. Add him to a list of intriguing youngsters. The Swedish brothers Elias and Mikael Ymer also have me intrigued. For the Ymer brothers, not only are they competing for themselves, they are trying to bring back the pride of Swedish tennis. Borg, Wilander, Pernfors, Edberg, Soderling...no one has stepped up to carry the torch since. Would be great if these boys did.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

It's the change of pace at 0:50 I like. No one saw that coming...not me...not the audience...and certainly not the opponent. That shot was a bit special.
                  Stotty

Comment

It's the Control…in the change of pace

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                    It's the change of pace at 0:50 I like. No one saw that coming...not me...not the audience...and certainly not the opponent. That shot was a bit special.
                    The change of pace is wicked…isn't it? The kid is certainly in control. What is power? Control is power. What is control? Control is a combination of speed, placement and spin. He really demonstrates every aspect of control in this 43 shot exchange…topped off with the ultimate change of pace after that blistering backhand…two shots, one to either corner…then the "Felix Featherer".

Very impressive for a kid so young. I wonder what Aaron Krickstien's ranking was at his age. He was the youngest player at some point to win an ATP tournament.
                    don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                      The change of pace is wicked…isn't it? The kid is certainly in control. What is power? Control is power. What is control? Control is a combination of speed, placement and spin. He really demonstrates every aspect of control in this 43 shot exchange…topped off with the ultimate change of pace after that blistering backhand…two shots, one to either corner…then the "Felix Featherer".

Very impressive for a kid so young. I wonder what Aaron Krickstien's ranking was at his age. He was the youngest player at some point to win an ATP tournament.
                      That shot was what EVERY stroke will in ten years.

Comment

Felix wins Boys doubles at US Open. Here is Felix hitting with Milos

Comment

Felix Auger Aliassime...

Felix wins Boys doubles at US Open. Here is Felix hitting with Milos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4qapDtLI4
                          Felix Auger Aliassime lost to Tommy Paul of the USA in the second round…4-6, 6-4, 7-5. Tommy Paul went on to lose to Taylor Fritz…also of the USA in the finals in three sets.
                          don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7967 users online. 5 members and 7962 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                          X