No announcement yet.

Response to One Hand Backhand Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK what do you make of this? A drunk poster? Or?

Nadal and tobacco use 2 hander. Look at their rankings, u e wrong John, 2 hander rules.

Comment

Is it possible for a player to grow up learning both a two-handed drive and the one-handed slice? Can a player take on both and gain enough versatility to play in all parts of the court and enjoy the widest range of tools possible? Or will the focus on short-term results negate building a broader skill set?

Comment

Originally posted by JDruck View Post
        Is it possible for a player to grow up learning both a two-handed drive and the one-handed slice? Can a player take on both and gain enough versatility to play in all parts of the court and enjoy the widest range of tools possible? Or will the focus on short-term results negate building a broader skill set?
        Great question. This is something I've pondered frequently. I guess a question to answer your question would be, would a player have enough time during a career to learn a wider skill set as well as a player who uses a more limited skill set? Or could Federer have learned a two-handed backhand accomplished enough to stave off Nadal's forehand...an interesting thought.

My personal opinion is that the two-hander and one-hander are so different that players will inevitably develop a preference for one or the other...which ultimately puts a spanner in the works of ever being able to use both equally well. It probably would have been done by now if it were truly feasible.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by JDruck View Post
          Of course it is possible! Indeed this is the configuration of most touring pros. I see nothing to indicate that learning a two handed drive impairs the ability to learn a great one handed slice. Murray currently has one of the best slice backhands in the game and a two handed drive, far better than the slice backhands of gasquet and warwinka.

Comment

Tomic has a great slice also as a 2 hander. I saw it very well up close in Miami.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2959 users online. 12 members and 2947 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X