2015 Coupe Rogers…ATP 1000…Montreal, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Coupe Rogers…ATP 1000…Montreal, Canada

It is no surprise that since Roger Federer is not present and accounted for in Montreal this week there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of interest in the ATP 1000 tournament in Canada this week. This is a real shame and is indicative of the shallow pool of players that are interesting to watch. Novak Djokovic is in the house but he has taken the game to a whole other level of boring as his perfect defence on velcro sand laden Plexipave courts provide the perfect surface for his baseline only game.

Official singles, doubles and qualifying draw from the tournament archive in men's professional tennis on the ATP Tour.

Nick Kyrgios…tennis' great hope for the future is a real challenge to remain interested in. It is not so much the antics as it is the attitude. I watched a bit of his match with Fernando Verdasco yesterday and found it very difficult to maintain any interest whatsoever. Despite a Mohawk haircut that featured yellow and red highlights he is one sorry excuse for image as far as the sport is concerned. As far as I am concerned. His match next is with Stan Wawrinka and it is going to be marginally interesting to see who shows up to play. Stan has a reputation for being rather low key at some of these lesser than Grand Slam events…disappearing to guy you would never suspect having a chance of beating him. Kyrgios certainly has a chance and with his new Mohawk he is most certainly looking for one highly ranked scalp to add to his belt.

Sure…you had Ivo Karlovic defeating Milos Raonic in his own country 7-6, 7-6. That must have been one interesting match. Boom…boom…good night, shut out the lights.

Yawn…well let's just see if there is anything worth discussing or writing about at the Coupe Rogers. It could be Novak versus Nadal or Murray in the final. Or will someone dare to challenge the status quo? Isn't Jo-Wilfried Tsonga the defending champion? He is in the house…beating up "Teenage Wasteland" Coric yesterday in straight sets.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Nadal, Djokovic, Murray all playing doubles. Gotta give them credit for trying.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

With all the teaching pros there are in Canada, you would think that one of them would have come forward and cured Eugenie Bouchard from spraying her forehand.

Comment

Suffered a mental break down re imo: Saviano. Wonder why?
        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 08-12-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Injured

She is playing hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
            Suffered a mental break down re imo: Saviano. Wonder why?
            I think you know.

Comment

2015 Coupe Rogers…Round of 32

In an ATP 1000 tournament…round of 32…there were some yawns and some question marks. Anybody see any great tennis? I didn't see any of it…I wish Roger had been here but he is busy off preparing…for the U. S. Open.

Novak Djokovic defeats Thomaz Bellucci 6-3, 7-6. Yawn.

Andy Murray defeats Tommy Robredo 6-4, 7-5. Yawn.

Nick Kyrgios defeats Stan Wawrinka 6-7, 6-3, 4-0 (retired). Huge question mark Stan Wawrinka. So close to the finish line yet he couldn't finish. There seems to be some personal animosity. Kygios is one real hot dog who lacks class and he appears to be really uncouth.

The comment...

Comment afterward from Kyrgios...

Kei Nishikori defeats Pablo Andujar 6-3, 6-3. Yawn.

Donald Young defeats Tomas Berdych 7-6, 6-3. Real questions marks in the Berdych camp…is it rust or lack of interest? A feather in the cap for Donald Young…a top ten victim.

Bernard Tomic defeats Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-4. Where's the fire Marin? There were some expectations after his U. S. Open win last year…but they are rapidly diminishing.

Rafael Nadal defeats Sergiy Stakhovsky 7-6, 6-3. Yawn. Arrogance personified.

Ivo Karlovic defeats Milos Raonic 7-6, 7-6. How interesting could this have been?

Mikhail Youzhny defeats Gilles Simon 6-1, 6-4. Qualifier beats 9th seed.

Jo-Wilfiried Tsonga defeats Roberto Bautista Agut 5-7, 7-6, 7-5. The score line sounds somewhat interesting…I hesitate to yawn in the face of the numbers.

David Goffin defeats Sam Querrey 6-4, 6-4. Yawn.

Jack Sock defeats Grigor Dimitrov 5-7, 7-6, 7-5. A number of questions here…all of them about Grigor Dimitrov and his fall from the top ten aspirations. Sharapova? Coach? Lack of intestinal fortitude or just a Federer wannabe?

Gilles Muller defeats Gael Monfils 6-3, 3-6, 7-6. I would have liked to see the highlight video of "The Amazing Mr. Monfils"…otherwise…Zzzzzzzzz.

John Isner defeats Vasek Pospisil 7-6, 4-6, 6-3. Yawn.

Jeremy Chardy defeats Leonardo Mayer 4-6, 7-6, 6-2. Yawn.

Ernests Gulbis defeats Lukas Rosol 6-2, 5-7, 6-3. Ernests and his "fishy" forehand. Yawn.
              don_budge

Comment

I was a Kyrgios fan, now no longer....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/w...-1227482001495

Comment

Rust from Berdych. That's all. Bad loss but he'll find his way.

As for Kyrgios...classless.

I'm sure some people on this forum may say Kyrgios is a breath of fresh air and brings personality to the game. And that's more disappointing. Personality is one thing but tactless, disrespectful and uncalled for remarks about other players is poor behavior. Kyrgios lost a lot of fans last night.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

Nick…The Jerk

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                    Rust from Berdych. That's all. Bad loss but he'll find his way.

As for Kyrgios...classless.

I'm sure some people on this forum may say Kyrgios is a breath of fresh air and brings personality to the game. And that's more disappointing. Personality is one thing but tactless, disrespectful and uncalled for remarks about other players is poor behavior. Kyrgios lost a lot of fans last night.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton
                    …not to mention being unprofessional. His lack of regard and respect for his opponents becomes more and more obvious. But he has said that he has no particular love for the game.

Basically…he's a jerk who just so happens to play professional tennis.
                    don_budge

Comment

It's sad how the high road has also become the road less traveled.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

"Kokinakis banged your girl friend (Donna Vekic http://www.res1ep.scsstatic.ch/conte...c_wawrinka.jpghttps://www.google.com/search?q=veki...OpO7ThfUcdM%3A), I hate to tell you." I wonder if Stanianimal heard him. Those are locker room fighting words. Although it won't cost him any endorsement money. Karma for leaving his wife for the then 18 yr. old Vekic. How did she feel when she had it publicly known he was cheating on her with a barely legal teen? Those teens line up at every venue for the name players, and that must be a major temptation to resist, and Stan failed her and himself on that one. Nice guys sometimes are not so nice.
                        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 08-13-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Yes, but Wawrinka's wife is 10 years older than he is and they split up already around 4 years ago once way before Vekic... She started dating him when he was 20 and she 30... They have always had problems, so we don't really know about private lives of others...

Comment

I have to say Kyrgios's comment was very low. As an individual he would have to reach up to scratch a snake's belly as far as I am concerned. What he said was staggeringly thoughtless and crude. The worst I have heard for a long time.

I was never a fan in the first place. I doubt he will amount to much as a tennis player...too much of an idiot.

I do know if you have the same terminology over the pond, but where I come from we call someone like Kyrgios a total muppet.
                            Last edited by stotty; 08-13-2015, 09:58 AM.
                            Stotty

Comment

whiney bitches

I really like Geoff's quote he used on here one time -- whiney bitches.

What an absolute bunch of drama queens.

Stan's an experienced pro, and he taunted a young kid (Kyrgios) just finding his way on the pro tour, then he turns around and says,

" ... Oh, poor me, he picked on me ... "

When he gets it right back (Wawrinka).

I know exactly what happened, and so do the rest of you.

Poor Stan. Right. Lets face it, the guys a loser. Even Federer's wife taunts the guy. I don't blame his girlfriend for cheating on the guy. The guy is a dud (Wawrinka). He's got a very bad history.

Not only did Stan engage the kid to act out, he then poured salt on the wounds of his opponent by mocking him even further in social media.

What bunch of pathetic individuals.

Stan should shut his mouth and be a pro's pro and handle it behind closed doors.

What a bunch of manipulative people.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2634 users online. 5 members and 2629 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X