Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Phil,
    Thanks! Do you get an arrow to click on???
    John
    No, got no arrow, just all blank

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      When I watch the right handed one hand backhand…at some point when viewing it, it seems to me that I am viewing a left hand backhand from a rear view. Anyone else get that impression? It's an odd sensation.
      I get it when I watch the right handed forehand. Suddenly it's left handed. Interesting how the other guys talk over this.

Comment

I get it...

Originally posted by bottle View Post
        I get it when I watch the right handed forehand. Suddenly it's left handed. Interesting how the other guys talk over this.
        That is so cool…I actually looked for it but didn't see it initially on the forehand. Suddenly there it was. Sometimes I seem to miss it and see it from the "correct perspective". So how does one go about explaining that little visual anomaly. Brian Gordon?
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

So you guys caught that right? Before I edited it to merge the three it was really trippy. Sometimes you see it one way and some times the other.

Brian tried to explain it to me but apparently it went right over my head something about three dimensional something... I see if he can drop it and educate us.

I like it because it's evocative and mesmerizing.
          Last edited by johnyandell; 08-30-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

That is so cool…I actually looked for it but didn't see it initially on the forehand. Suddenly there it was. Sometimes I seem to miss it and see it from the "correct perspective". So how does one go about explaining that little visual anomaly. Brian Gordon?
            When I watch the right handed one hand backhand…at some point when viewing it, it seems to me that I am viewing a left hand backhand from a rear view. Anyone else get that impression? It's an odd sensation.
            I have to say this is all a bit strange. I thought you two were going a bit peculiar on me....then I saw it too...on the backhand....then on the forehand. I keep looking at the two-handed guy assuming it must happen a some stage or other to him too. It's all a bit mesmerising...
            Stotty

Comment

Wireframe Depictions

Hi All -

The programs that generate the wireframe representations were coded many years ago. At that time I was using film 3D reconstruction so did not have the information to track head rotations - so... the head simply faces the same direction as the upper third of the torso and NOT its actual orientation. From a purely mechanical perspective it is not that important to me so I have not gotten around to changing it even though I now have that information - lazy.

The forehand and bh1 are the same male player - a lefty with the view shown from behind for both strokes. The bh2 is a girl righty seen from a perfect side view of the hitting side. Though many have tried, it is impossible to know if one is viewing a righty from in front or a lefty from behind unless that information is given - the wires do not allow a perspective of the dimension into and out of the screen. It is a bit of a mind blower .
              Last edited by BrianGordon; 08-30-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
                Hi All -

The programs that generate the wireframe representations were coded many years ago. At that time I was using film 3D reconstruction so did not have the information to track head rotations - so... the head simply faces the same direction as the upper third of the torso and NOT its actual orientation. From a purely mechanical perspective it is not that important to me so I have not gotten around to changing it even though I now have that information - lazy.

The forehand and bh1 are the same male player - a lefty with the view shown from behind for both strokes. The bh2 is a girl righty seen from a perfect side view of the hitting side. Though many have tried, it is impossible to know if one is viewing a righty from in front or a lefty from behind unless that information is given - the wires do not allow a perspective of the dimension into and out of the screen. It is a bit of a mind blower .
                Mind is blown. I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
                on another note, I'm 8 minutes away from where Brian works. I'm long overdue for a visit and vice versa.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

It's pretty cool. But yeah the head looks like it is moving early. Also it might be better with the real video included and also the ability to play and pause through them.

Comment

Screen Saver...

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
                    Though many have tried, it is impossible to know if one is viewing a righty from in front or a lefty from behind unless that information is given - the wires do not allow a perspective of the dimension into and out of the screen. It is a bit of a mind blower .
                    It would make a great screen saver with a view of the forehand and the backhand at the same time…maybe back to back or would that be face to face? Get the picture?
                    don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                      Mind is blown. I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
                      on another note, I'm 8 minutes away from where Brian works. I'm long overdue for a visit and vice versa.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton
                      Hi Kyle - shoot me an email. I'd enjoy stopping in to visit your facility - I've heard it is quite nice.

Comment

Now the figure appears: but does not move.... (IPad)

Comment

Well that's something...it took it a while to move on my iphone...but even if it doesn't it still looks pretty good...will keep on it...

Comment

Works fine on iPad now...

Comment

Works fine on my Android phone...
                              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2348 users online. 8 members and 2340 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X