No announcement yet.

Racquet Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My observations today: I think the sweetspot really does feel higher on these yonexes. And making contact in my dr98's sweetspot feels soooo good. There is like this perfect little flex for terrific control and still a good bit of power.

Comment

Indians…arrows

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      New rackets--always exciting!
      It's not the arrow…it's the Indian.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

DB,
        Agreed. But I still like new shiny objects.

Comment

Indians…arrows

Originally posted by eaglesburg View Post
          My observations today: I think the sweetspot really does feel higher on these yonexes. And making contact in my dr98's sweetspot feels soooo good. There is like this perfect little flex for terrific control and still a good bit of power.
          don_budge

Comment

The Other Man's...

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            DB,
            Agreed. But I still like new shiny objects.
            I certainly understand this. In golf they call it "The Other Man's Club Disease". You try somebody's club out on the course and hit a great ball and then you suddenly realize that you must have his club.

I on the other hand have played the last twelve years with my old traditional blades…Mizuno MP-33's. You should see the wear patterns in the irons. Dead nuts. My arrows.
            don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
              Remember, the placebo effect is extremely strong. If it works better for someone, it doesn't really matter why.

Comment

What are your string preferences for the dr 98?

Comment

I feel like I get more spin and power with this racket than with my old one when I hit the sweetspot. It's kind of making the string bed feel inconsistent as not all shots have that beautiful feeling but hopefully this resolves itself as well (or maybe it's just me not the racket).

Another thing: the crazy shanks and misfits I would have with the apd are now nonexistent.

Comment

String preference is more personal than racket driven. Stiffer softer thicker thinner hybrids hybrid tensions, it's endless. You have to use your own intuition and judgment.

Comment

It takes a long time but to truly know whether you like something or not you must change only one variable at a time. I personally have been playing with hybrids and have been messing with RPM blast 18g and only changing up the cross strings. Same tension every time.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3615 users online. 3 members and 3612 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X