Interactive Forum December 2015 Nick Kyrgios Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickw View Post
    Another example of racket tip pointing forwards, and this guy had a bomb of a forehand!

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...tanceFront.mov
    You don't see too many of these anymore. Where the player initiates the stroke by lifting the right elbow up high so the racket dips down. Borg, Lendl and Sampras did it. I always figured it's a method that eats up a little more time than other methods. But when I think about it, each of the aforementioned players had the best forehands of their time. There has to be something good about it...
    Stotty

Comment

Pointing

Isn't this "pointing" just the "trophy position" turned 90 degrees or so?

kb

Comment

kb,

Welcome back and interesting observation. The question i think we all have is whether this increased movement aids external rotation of the arm in the shoulder joint in some way that increases racket speed. Brian Gordon on first blush called it wasted motion but there isn't 3D data on it that I know of to confirm or deny.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          kb,

Welcome back and interesting observation. The question i think we all have is whether this increased movement aids external rotation of the arm in the shoulder joint in some way that increases racket speed. Brian Gordon on first blush called it wasted motion but there isn't 3D data on it that I know of to confirm or deny.
          Thank you! Just glad to see that Bottle is still around.

kb

Comment

Bottle is gone

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8567 users online. 8 members and 8559 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X