Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashe and rackets...

Thanks for that post, bottle.

I guess I just got so used to Arthur Ashe. He was/is my standard for how a tennis player should carry themselves, be they black or white. I thought he was exemplary in every facet.
    Stotty

Comment

Remember when Ray Moore played tennis in hippy mode?

or with a new hairdo, playing Vilas....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By6zzRoOrAk
      Last edited by gzhpcu; 03-28-2016, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Here are some thoughts from Amelie Mauresmo:

"At the moment, the men's circuit is more attractive than the women's circuit. There's no debate as there are probably three of the six greatest players of all-time playing now.
        "Obviously, Roger, Rafa and Novak are carrying all of tennis, including women's tennis, which isn't at that level. The women's tour had a period like that around ten years ago."
        "What I don't understand is, the money the women earn isn't to the detriment of the men. So where's the problem? Why shouldn't everyone profit from it? I find it to be a very sterile debate."

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Here are some thoughts from Amelie Mauresmo:

"At the moment, the men's circuit is more attractive than the women's circuit. There's no debate as there are probably three of the six greatest players of all-time playing now.
          "Obviously, Roger, Rafa and Novak are carrying all of tennis, including women's tennis, which isn't at that level. The women's tour had a period like that around ten years ago."
          "What I don't understand is, the money the women earn isn't to the detriment of the men. So where's the problem? Why shouldn't everyone profit from it? I find it to be a very sterile debate."
          Thanks for posting.

There are lots of different opinions floating around on the topic. I imagine poor Ray has had to go into hiding...probably as far as Peru.

Women...hmmm...no end of trouble. Looks like Donald Trump has shot himself in the foot with a feminist issue. You just cannot cross women these days....or do so at your peril.
          Last edited by stotty; 04-01-2016, 02:04 PM.
          Stotty

Comment

The War on Men...

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
            There are lots of different opinions floating around on the topic. I imagine poor Ray has had to go into hiding...probably as far as Peru.

Women...hmmm...no end of trouble. Looks like Donald Trump has shot himself in the foot with a feminist issue. You just cannot cross women these days....or do so at your peril.
            Originally posted by don_budge View Post
            Make no mistake…this is a war on men and boys. It's evil. Look at Billie Jean at 3.30 in this video…she transforms herself into a ghoul. Right before your very eyes. The whole script reads like a brain washing mantra…repeat after me boys and girls. Pure and utter nonsense.

Tennis legend Billie Jean King isn't just a pioneer of women's tennis -- she's a pioneer for women getting paid. In this freewheeling conversation, she talks about identity, the role of sports in social justice and the famous Battle of the Sexes match against Bobby Riggs.

03:09
            And they did! And for the men? A lot of the men today don't realize it, but if you're in your 50s, 60s or whatever, late 40s, you're the first generation of men of the Women's Movement -- whether you like it or not!
            03:26
            (Laughter)
            03:29
            (Applause)
            03:30
            And for the men, what happened for the men, they'd come up to me -- and most times, the men are the ones who have tears in their eyes, it's very interesting. They go, "Billie, I was very young when I saw that match, and now I have a daughter. And I am so happy I saw that as a young man." And one of those young men, at 12 years old, was President Obama. And he actually told me that when I met him, he said: "You don't realize it, but I saw that match at 12. And now I have two daughters, and it has made a difference in how I raise them." So both men and women got a lot out of it, but different things.
            She’s the woman who transformed the world for female sports stars, but the fight isn’t over for Billie Jean King.

Don't kid yourselves boys…it's a war on men. So much damage has been done to the masculine psyche the last fifty years ago it might surprise you. But chances are you are so dumbed down like the rest of the herd…oh never mind.

Billie Jean King was a fine "lady" tennisplayer but a spokesperson for feminism? Come on…only in our lifetime. There is very little feminine about Billie Jean. I mean in the traditional sense. Delicacy and prettiness…a feminine frilled blouse. She is in fact more of an advocate for the LBGT agenda. Progressive politics? Hillary Clinton for President? It's all fixed. Your vote doesn't count. I'm sorry. Don't you love the pant suits?

It's oestrogen gone wild fellows. Duck and cover. Hell hath no fury as a woman's scorn.
            Last edited by don_budge; 04-02-2016, 06:43 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7798 users online. 10 members and 7788 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X