No announcement yet.

Stupid YouTube Teaching Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I don't understand. Some guy is talking about serve mechanics, then either demonstrates himself or has some else serve. Right off the bat, the guy hits the ball in the net. And then with 2nd or 3rd try hits a good serve. Why don't they start all over and remake a proper video?

Some of the "experts" talk slowly, with ums and ahs, without really getting to the point...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      Another thing I don't understand. Some guy is talking about serve mechanics, then either demonstrates himself or has some else serve. Right off the bat, the guy hits the ball in the net. And then with 2nd or 3rd try hits a good serve. Why don't they start all over and remake a proper video?

Some of the "experts" talk slowly, with ums and ahs, without really getting to the point...
      An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        A lot of youtube videos are extremely interesting…which takes nothing away from tennisplayer.net. The internet is loaded with information. Everyone has good intentions…right?

I found this video to be extremely interesting…but that's not to say that others wouldn't denigrate it.
        Wow, thanks so much for posting this - great to see a video on Wardlaw's Directionals! I have a PDF of his directionals, but seeing them in the video is more obvious and easier to follow.

I don't always follow the Directionals, but when I am in a tough match situation and realize I'm making too many UE's, I often think back to the Directionals and I feel they help - would really love to know what others think of these strategy guidelines....

Comment

I like them! Also check out the stuff we have on patterns in strategy from Allen Fox and Craig Cignarelli:

This article from Allen and the whole series it's in:

And ditto on Craig:

Last edited by johnyandell; 06-25-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by faultsnaces View Post
            I don't always follow the Directionals, but when I am in a tough match situation and realize I'm making too many UE's, I often think back to the Directionals and I feel they help - would really love to know what others think of these strategy guidelines....
            Really good! One of the best YouTube video's that I've seen on this topic.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2698 users online. 10 members and 2688 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X