2016 Wimbledon Championships...ATP 2000...London, England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    The odds have certainly changed now. The 5 favorites and their new odds(or there about)are now:
    Murray, 1
    Federer, 3
    Raonic, 7
    Kyrgios, 12
    Del Potro, 22
    It will more than likely come down to Fed and Murray. But Berdych not being part of discussion is BS. Berdych is 40:1 odds. The Rodney Dangerfield of Tennis. Gets No Respect!

Kyrgios and Zverev are even ahead of him. Absurd.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

I sometimes think there is money to be made from betting on tennis matches if one has one's finger on the pulse of the game.
      Stotty

Comment

I am not a bettor and feel pretty certain the bookies would like me to have me as a customer to bet on matches, but I like Kyrgios at that number 4 spot, 12/1. He is certainly in no danger of entering into Federer Simpsons Paradox land, not with his psyco princess too cool for school attitude, but his game certainly makes him look like he is 12/1(4th favorite) with a bullet to me.
        Last edited by stroke; 07-03-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Calendar slam

This calendar grand slam business is a bit odd, stupid. Why all in one season? What's the difference in holding all four slams at the same time across two seasons? None, none whatsoever in my view. It's just being pedantic.
          Last edited by stotty; 07-03-2016, 12:28 PM.
          Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
            This calendar grand slam business is a bit odd, stupid. Why all in one season? What's the difference in holding all four slams at the same time across two seasons? None, none whatsoever in my view. It's just being pedantic.
            And when a player such as Djokovic does not win the calendar year slam it just makes us appreciate this guy named Rod Laver a little bit more.

The calendar year slam is special because it must happen all in one season. Not carried over into a new year. But what Djokovic has done in holding all the titles at one time which he accomplished after his French Open success is downright incredible.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
              And when a player such as Djokovic does not win the calendar year slam it just makes us appreciate this guy named Rod Laver a little bit more.

The calendar year slam is special because it must happen all in one season. Not carried over into a new year. But what Djokovic has done in holding all the titles at one time which he accomplished after his French Open success is downright incredible.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton
              do not forget Rod Laver not only did it twice, as an amateur and as a pro
              And he was banned as a pro for 5 years from Wimbledon. Who knows how many more he could have achieved!

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton
                Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                And he was banned as a pro for 5 years from Wimbledon. Who knows how many more he could have achieved!
                Not to toot my own horn, but just recently I achieved the Colander year slam. Thats where I drained 4 different types of pasta in one single kitchen tool. Farfalle, Bucatini, Fusilli, Tagliatelle. You've been a great audience. I'll be here all week.
                *note* This was after adding some of the starchy past water to the sauce and pan to help emulsify. This is a must!

Sorry for detour. Back to tennis.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton
                Last edited by klacr; 07-03-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gzhpcu View Post
                  Rod would not have won his first calendar slam had Pancho been eligible to compete. He may well have won fewer than 11 slams too had Pancho been lurking in those draws. Commentatoes never point this out but it's very relevant.

We could say the same for Emerson, who never beat Pancho but won 12 grand slams.

It was very handy for many of that era that Pancho was confined to the pro circuit.
                  Stotty

Comment

Not to toot my own horn, but just recently I achieved the Colander year slam. Thats where I drained 4 different types of pasta in one single kitchen tool. Farfalle, Bucatini, Fusilli, Tagliatelle. You've been a great audience. I'll be here all week.
                    *note* This was after adding some of the starchy past water to the sauce and pan to help emulsify. This is a must!

Sorry for detour. Back to tennis.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton
                    I hope they all drained on cue or it doesn't count....
                    Stotty

Comment

Many are questioning Djokovic attitude against Querry in that second set. I have seen Djokovic do similar before a number of times.

It's just his way of not being able to cope. He's basically folding up. I feel it's combination of being so used to winning and being under considerable pressure, and ultimately not able to find an answer to what's going on in the match. He wants to walk away...and in a sense that's exactly what he's doing. Djokovic seldom exhibits this behaviour and by no means am I criticising him for it, on the contrary, the man is exceptional. Pressure just weeps out where it will and exhibits differently from person to person.

Borg's own stubbornness also acted as his self-destruct button towards the end of his career. Djokovic suffers in a little the same way here and there. His match with Querry in the second set was a good example of it.
                      Stotty

Comment

The draw has really opened up for Roger. He's had no one to play so far and his only real test might be Cilic if Goffin can cause an upset and defeat Raonic. Goffin is a set to the good as I write.

Murray's draw could prove far more tricky if it pans out.

I like Berdych's odds. Outside of Murray and Roger he has just as good a chance as the rest. He should make the semi's on paper. I have never seen Vesely play before but he seems to be progressing well.
                        Stotty

Comment

Watching Kyrgios - Murray. Funny how Kyrgios has a hunched up stance. Never seen him standing straight. Wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                            Watching Kyrgios - Murray. Funny how Kyrgios has a hunched up stance. Never seen him standing straight. Wonder why...
                            He's round-shouldered....
                            Stotty

Comment

Vesely seems a tough character. I haven't seen him play before. He's no pushover. Berdych will have his hands full trying to finish him off in the fifth. The other problem of course is that it's exhausting.
                              Stotty

Comment

Berdych is strong and will pull through. Winner of the Czech mate match plays Lucas Rouille. Huge opportunity for my boy Tberd.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                                Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 5484 users online. 8 members and 5476 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X