No announcement yet.

2016 Wimbledon Championships...ATP 2000...London, England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the 4th set of that match. Berdych served for the the match at 5-4 and got broken. He kept his composure very well until the tiebreaker, where he got visibly upset about the impending darkness and continued play at that point. The mic's picked him up saying something like this is 4 years in a row this has happened. I hope he pulls through in the 5th.

Comment

Love the comments by McEnroe and Cash here about Nick. So true.

Britain's Andy Murray sees off the threat of Australian rising star Nick Kyrgios to reach his ninth Wimbledon quarter-final.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        I saw the 4th set of that match. Berdych served for the the match at 5-4 and got broken. He kept his composure very well until the tiebreaker, where he got visibly upset about the impending darkness and continued play at that point. The mic's picked him up saying something like this is 4 years in a row this has happened. I hope he pulls through in the 5th.
        All good. Experience and fitness won out. Berdych took it 6-3. 3rd straight grand slam quarterfinal for Berdych.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

I think I need Stotty to give me another reality check about Fed. I am thinking this is going to be his one more.

Comment

Love the comments by McEnroe and Cash here about Nick. So true.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/36708629
            Rewiring would be about right. If you play Murray, Novak, Rafa, or Roger, you cannot afford to be slack. Their level is extremely high and no matter how talented a newcomer may be, nothing other than complete focus is going to cut it.

The bottomline with Kyrgios is he doesn't want to look like he is trying too hard. He's too far up his own backside to see the light. Maybe Leyton can talk some sense into too him. I like to watch him play but still can't warm to the kid.
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
              Rewiring would be about right. If you play Murray, Novak, Rafa, or Roger, you cannot afford to be slack. Their level is extremely high and no matter how talented a newcomer may be, nothing other than complete focus is going to cut it.

The bottomline with Kyrgios is he doesn't want to look like he is trying too hard. He's too far up his own backside to see the light. Maybe Leyton can talk some sense into too him. I like to watch him play but still can't warm to the kid.
              Can't warm up to him would be an understatement for me. I do find him more likeable than Serena.

Comment

Kyrgios was quoted in a London paper this week saying, "I don't like playing tennis, but I don't know something else to do." Remarkable and, from my perspective, sad.

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity View Post
                  Kyrgios was quoted in a London paper this week saying, "I don't like playing tennis, but I don't know something else to do." Remarkable and, from my perspective, sad.
                  He could start by not acting like such a princess jerk out there whether he likes tennis or not.

Comment

Can't warm up to him would be an understatement for me. I do find him more likeable than Serena.
                    You've always had a dislike for Serena and the need to advertise it. Well, either something is wrong with Serena or something is wrong with you.

Comment

Terrific comeback from Federer. I was sure he was out! Now for Raonic....

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                        Terrific comeback from Federer. I was sure he was out! Now for Raonic....
                        It was...a terrific comeback.

Cilic played so incredibly well for two and a half sets and then lost his nerve at the critical juncture. He should have won in three. I felt sorry for him because he played so well and deserved to win. He's a credit to the game the way he focuses and gets on with it. I like his intensity and the tempo he plays at. In big matches like that it must be so hard to close out and cross the finish line.

Murray was back to his usual self for a couple of sets...whinging and moaning but then finally getting the job done.

Roger has a great chance here to go all the way. The two men he cannot beat in five, Nadal and Novak, are not in the frame. Has Roger ever lost to Murray in a slam? If Roger gets past Raonic, it's game on.
                        Last edited by stotty; 07-07-2016, 05:42 AM.
                        Stotty

Comment

Fed-Cilic was epic.
                          Raonic-Querrey was a snoozer
                          Murray-Tsonga was admirable

Oh, and Berdych-Pouille was a bit os a snoozer as well. Because Tomas handled it well. Dare I say, Berdych is looking like 2010 form that got him to finals.
                          Big test vs. Murray. But I have to believe.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                          Boca Raton

Comment

Agree with lc about Cilic. He is such a professtional. Roger is going to be very tough to deny here now. That 3rd set, the way he turned it around, shows once again, as if we needed a reminder, that he just does not go away ever in a match. He and Cilic both could be an instructional clinic on the way to be professional out there on the court.

Comment

Who would bet against a Federer v Murray final? It looks on the cards....even likely. Raonic will have to serve out of a tree to win in my view...although he is very capable of doing just that.

Murray must be hot favourite to dispatch his robotic opponent, and the bookies over here have him as the overwhelming favourite to lift the title. Personally I think Roger will take some beating should he make it to the final.

The good thing about playing Cillic and Raonic is they aren't the most taxing of matches. One spends most of the time walking along to baseline waiting for a returnable serve. It's not like Roger has to work his socks off like he would playing Nadal.

But tennis is a funny game. It could turn out to be a Berdych v Raonic final. Imagine that...
                              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                                Who would bet against a Federer v Murray final? It looks on the cards....even likely. Raonic will have to serve out of a tree to win in my view...although he is very capable of doing just that.

Murray must be hot favourite to dispatch his robotic opponent, and the bookies over here have him as the overwhelming favourite to lift the title. Personally I think Roger will take some beating should he make it to the final.

The good thing about playing Cillic and Raonic is they aren't the most taxing of matches. One spends most of the time walking along to baseline waiting for a returnable serve. It's not like Roger has to work his socks off like he would playing Nadal.

But tennis is a funny game. It could turn out to be a Berdych v Raonic final. Imagine that...

Oh...I can imagine!!!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                                Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3384 users online. 8 members and 3376 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X