Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdcremin
    replied
    John Craig is right, as usual. I fell for the New Forehand and was going for this lag and snap for the past several years. I had forsaken my fundamentals for the modern forehand. I finally realized why I had lost my forehand - I was lagging the ARM and the racket (I already had this all important racket lag!). Terrible. The arm MUST stay connected to the torso until sometime close to contact - BTW, that is not what is shown in the very popular video where the guy twists the toy stick drum (lock and roll tennis) - the arms are imagined to be disconnect from torso - bad. I think what I was doing is a very common habit so take heed. All this modern talk is nonsense.

By disconnected, I mean that as the torso rotates, the hitting arm is left behind and has to catch up - I'm sure someone here will advocate for that even though it is an absolute stroke killer.

Jon C

Leave a comment:

• johncraig
    replied
    Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    John Craig gets his points across calmly and well, doesn't he? I like the video within the video, that's cool.

Stotty
    Thanks Stotty! Much appreciate your kind words!

Leave a comment:

• johncraig
    replied
    Originally posted by klacr View Post
    I had the pleasure of meeting John last week in Indian Wells. Great guy and engaging. Certainly in the minority when it comes to the youtube teaching gurus. Makes strong and valid points and does it in a respectful, He gave me a head's up on the lag and snap. You see and hear about this a lot. Glad he clears a lot of this jargon and confusion up.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Hi Kyle,
    Thanks so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to meet you at Indian Wells, and I hope to see you in FL next Sept! Kindly, John

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    He's a great compliment I feel to articles like mine that are very detailed. Hits the key points!

Leave a comment:

• seano
    replied
    On extremely wide balls, when you're on the dead run, squaring up probably won't be possible. You may only be able the manipulate the hands.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyscout
    replied
    This John Craig guy comes across as a real nice guy.

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    I had the pleasure of meeting John last week in Indian Wells. Great guy and engaging. Certainly in the minority when it comes to the youtube teaching gurus. Makes strong and valid points and does it in a respectful, He gave me a head's up on the lag and snap. You see and hear about this a lot. Glad he clears a lot of this jargon and confusion up.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    John Craig gets his points across calmly and well, doesn't he? I like the video within the video, that's cool.

Stotty

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic The Truth About "Lag and Snap"

The Truth About "Lag and Snap"

Let's discuss John Craig's latest article, "The Truth About Lag and Snap"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8261 users online. 2 members and 8259 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X