John McEnroe versus Serena Williams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottle View Post

This post is dedicated to Pippy the Dwarf as well as to the fictional character don_budge, a non-real person who believes at most 10 per cent of anything he says. 10splayer is different because he is funny-- well, sometimes.

I'm perpetually grinning at the inanity of don_budge's continued take on current affairs. So why isn't the whole world grinning with me?

Because Donald Trump more than ever frightens it. And the fictional don_budge, the closest thing we have to Donald Trump himself here at TennisPlayer, similarly churlish and thin-skinned, is constantly spinning, nice in tennis but horrid in real life.

Hilarious is the word. Wildly charismatic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

Hilarious is the word. Wildly charismatic as well.
      Antecedent here? don_budge? me? Donald Trump? I'm just a little confused, but maybe that was the idea.

What I always do in that case is take a guess. It worked like a charm when covering cops. The cops would say the next day, "We didn't say that!" And then tell what they did say and what they did and reveal all. To get them to do that, I think, was my purpose all along. But all this was long, long ago.

But I still guess. And since neither don_budge nor I is very funny (not in my view), I guess you were talking about Donald Trump. But you STILL find him hilarious? Not me. Maybe did once or twice in the beginning. To me he's gotten old. Worse, he got the presidency. And has taken us in lousy directions. And we should be engaged in our nation and current affairs-- our fate and destiny. The detachment of somebody like the fictional don_budge (yes, he is fiction, as he has revealed himself), is abomination. Sort of stylish and mod. Hip cool. Don't care. Doesn't affect me anyway. don_budge just needs to hang around a little more-- he'll find out. Just wait till he tries to come back to the U.S. some day but can't because there are Muslims in Sweden.

Wildly charismatic? Yes. So was Adolf Hitler. Stalin? More just murderous and powerful in that case. That might be closer to Putin, aside from the shirtless thing. It's easy to imagine him doing a secret service interrogation in his earlier incarnation. But I'm sure he is popular in Russia. "Popular" is the bane of that country just as of this one. It is very stupid people who make some wrong person overly popular again and again.

I'm not thinking much here, just typing away, but maybe you can tell that. It's been nice talking with you. I can feel like doing it since you are one of the forum participants who has given indication of who he is. With some it's impossible to have any idea at all. Where is this person coming from? What does he really believe? And what background informs his beliefs?
      Last edited by bottle; 07-10-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

The War on Men...Wimbledon

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is actually women’s fault?

It has got to be tough for the fellas out there these days. I'm not making this stuff up.

To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven’t changed much – they had no revolution that demanded it – but women have changed dramatically.

Don't call them the fairer sex anymore. Don't call them the weaker sex either. You leave yourself open for the thought police.

I'm watching Halep versus Konta at Wimbledon and it is hard for me to believe that there is any discussion regarding the value of women's tennis compared to the men. The tennis is very, very weak. I will go on record as saying as much. It's time to push back fellas. With the truth. Nothing has changed in nature...but the birth rates are down.

John McEnroe in the booth for this one. Ironic isn't it? He is struggling to find anything of interest to say. I saw a video water Serena's coach is criticizing McEnroe for his comments about Serena. Sheer and utter nonsense. Don't like that guy one little bit. Ray Moore got the boot for speaking the truth. Can't compare women's and men's tennis...it's true. Basically the men are boring...but the women are down right terrible.

This is the quarterfinals I am watching...the final eight. The eight best. Just can't imagine how bad it must be in the early rounds. As it is I don't know any of the women or their games for that matter. Being something of a tennis aficionado I would think if there was anything of interest tennis wise I would be onto it. It's only an accident that I am watching this second set tie-break and I can tell you one thing. I won't be watching it much longer and I won't be checking later for any results if Halep manages to lose the tie-break.

The Brit commentator and the woman commentator are doing their very best to drum up some interest but it very feigned. It's fake. Like a lot of things nowadays.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Like Halep. Like Konta. This is another way of saying that I like them.

Comment

The Scarlet M

We already caught the fictional don_budge and hung a big M on his chest. And there is another on the outside of his shirt. The M stands for Misogynist, as in, "never very kind to women."

Compare him to Ilie Nastase, a good mover, true, but is this enough to offset his Misogyny? Contrast them both to Darren Cahill talking about Halep and Konta. Which of these men would you expect to have more original and interesting insights? And which two would be more glibly dismissive?

With more love comes better understanding, always. don_budge boasts that he is telling the truth when he says these two women are lousy tennis players, another tip-off that he is telling a lie.

Avoid talking about women tennis players at all then if that is the way you feel, you fiction, don_budge. You don't like them enough to say anything new, interesting or revealing.

This is not insult but rather criticism.
            Last edited by bottle; 07-12-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post

Antecedent here? don_budge? me? Donald Trump? I'm just a little confused, but maybe that was the idea.

What I always do in that case is take a guess. It worked like a charm when covering cops. The cops would say the next day, "We didn't say that!" And then tell what they did say and what they did and reveal all. To get them to do that, I think, was my purpose all along. But all this was long, long ago.

But I still guess. And since neither don_budge nor I is very funny (not in my view), I guess you were talking about Donald Trump. But you STILL find him hilarious? Not me. Maybe did once or twice in the beginning. To me he's gotten old. Worse, he got the presidency. And has taken us in lousy directions. And we should be engaged in our nation and current affairs-- our fate and destiny. The detachment of somebody like the fictional don_budge (yes, he is fiction, as he has revealed himself), is abomination. Sort of stylish and mod. Hip cool. Don't care. Doesn't affect me anyway. don_budge just needs to hang around a little more-- he'll find out. Just wait till he tries to come back to the U.S. some day but can't because there are Muslims in Sweden.

Wildly charismatic? Yes. So was Adolf Hitler. Stalin? More just murderous and powerful in that case. That might be closer to Putin, aside from the shirtless thing. It's easy to imagine him doing a secret service interrogation in his earlier incarnation. But I'm sure he is popular in Russia. "Popular" is the bane of that country just as of this one. It is very stupid people who make some wrong person overly popular again and again.

I'm not thinking much here, just typing away, but maybe you can tell that. It's been nice talking with you. I can feel like doing it since you are one of the forum participants who has given indication of who he is. With some it's impossible to have any idea at all. Where is this person coming from? What does he really believe? And what background informs his beliefs?
              What kind of investigative reporter are you? There was only one person referenced in regards to being funny. That was me you big dummy. Btw, do you now wear FUBU socks, given you live in da hood?
              Last edited by 10splayer; 07-12-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7949 users online. 3 members and 7946 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X