No announcement yet.

2017 Wimbledon Championships...ATP 2000...London, Great Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cilic not getting anywhere near enough first serves so far....hopeless.
    Stotty

Comment

• First set whizzes by. Cilic nowhere near where he needs to be in the serving stats. He's nervous as hell.

First time I have seen Roger so nervous since he played Murray in the final some years ago.
      Stotty

Comment

• Two sets to Roger. Roger now playing well and Cilic has been unable to settle. What a boring final.
        Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by stotty View Post
          Two sets to Roger. Roger now playing well and Cilic has been unable to settle. What a boring final.
          Bing...bang...***!
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Roger 4-3 with a break. Now you know why it's better to have Rafa and Novak in there. At least we get a guarantee of a good game to watch. What a drag. I want my money back.
            Stotty

Comment

Roger 4-3 with a break. Now you know why it's better to have Rafa and Novak in there. At least we get a guarantee of a good game to watch. What a drag. I want my money back.
              No refunds. Federer to serve for the championship. Let's see how he manages this. Serving for the set, the match...the championship. It's a special moment and it can be tough on mere mortals. However in this situation the motion just seems to get better...if the motion is perfect.
              don_budge

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post

Bing...bang...***!
                ...bye! ACE on championship point. Sheer and utter class.
                don_budge

Comment

No refunds. .
                  What!!

Stotty

Comment

What!!
                    Get him a complimentary cream tea! One for the missus as well. Great performance don't you think Coach Stotty? Not just final mind you...the whole tournament. Tennis has a lot of 'splaining" to do. Next stop U. S. Open for Federer? He can't do this again...or can he?
                    don_budge

Comment

Get him a complimentary cream tea! One for the missus as well. Great performance don't you think Coach Stotty? Not just final mind you...the whole tournament. Tennis has a lot of 'splaining" to do. Next stop U. S. Open for Federer? He can't do this again...or can he?
                      Not too much to do today for Roger but his serving was a masterclass. All he had to do was serve today, and he did that beautifully. My son said to me recently whose serve I would rather have, Roger's or Karlovic's? I had to think about that one. In the end I said Karlovic is cheating because he is so tall, but I would still rather have Roger's because it ties in so wonderfully to the rest of his game.
                      Stotty

Comment

• ROGER!!!!
                        The man born on the 8th day or the 8th month just won his 8th Wimbledon.
                        Federer's 2017
                        2 Grand Slams, Indian Wells, Miami.
                        31-2 Overall.
                        9-0 vs. Top 10
                        16-0 vs. Top 20

2003-2017: Every Wimbledon has been won by the big 4.

Federer: First player since Bjorn Borg in 1976 to win Wimbledon without losing a set. Just the 3rd player in the open era to win multiple slams without losing a set. (Borg, Nadal)

Cilic struggling with nerves, emotions and injury. But give him credit, Neither Marin Cilic (742 career matches) nor Roger Federer (1,416 career matches) has ever retired during a match.

At 35 years, 342 Days, Federer is the oldest man in open era to win Wimbledon.

All hail the King! King Roger!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton

Comment

• On to the US Open...

Comment

• It's the body that fuels the mind. Fed plays and lives a reasonable way. He always thinks in the long term. If only more people just did that in emulating him.

Comment

• Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
                              It's the body that fuels the mind. Fed plays and lives a reasonable way. He always thinks in the long term. If only more people just did that in emulating him.
                              Amen.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton

Comment

• Agassi made a really impressive push in his 30's, but Fed has clearly set the bar pretty much by any standard at any age at this point. It is hard to believe, but he is the favorite at US Open. Probably a great time to bet on someone else.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2706 users online. 4 members and 2702 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X