Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johncraig
    replied
    Thanks Kyle for your valued input and perspective!

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    Key points that Mr. Craig makes. One of the most common issues with tennis players trying to learn is the inability to grasp (no pun intended) the idea and importance of using the non-dominant to help with the racquet. It helps with keeping the hitting hand/arm relaxed, initiates shoulder turn and promotes proper grip changes. Tennis is a two handed sport, as don_budge would probably agree or our old friend and forum poster Jeff McCullough wrote in his book "Two-Handed Tennis".

My racquet technician I use also has had Ivan Lendl as a client for the better part of 20+ years. When he sees my racquets he notices the paint at the upper edges of the throat being worn away from my left hand and fingers grabbing and pulling at it in the exact same spot. He says that Lendl and many others, but especially Lendl used to do the same exact thing and on the same location as where I did it. If the use of the non-dominant hand works for Lendl, its certainly good enough for the rest of us.

Great video John. Loving the backhand series.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Last edited by klacr; 09-14-2017, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The One Handed Backhand: The Essential Non-Dominant Hand

Let's discuss John Craig's latest installment on the one handed backhand - "The One Handed Backhand: The Essential Non-Dominant Hand"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8635 users online. 6 members and 8629 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X