Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 U. S. Open Championships...ATP 2000...New York, New York U. S. A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stroke View Post

You are so right of course, it goes back to changing the narrative, the straw man. I seem to have a stalker on this board, who I blocked some time ago, who is also a straw man, as I remember..
    Yeah, I've always loved the Wizard of Oz, taught it to second graders today as a matter of fact. I found it nice when Dorothy stuffed the straw back in the shirt.

What you need to know is yes, I actually read what you write.

Comment

• Originally posted by seano View Post
      Kyle - That's an excellent find with Dr. Fox's article, I had not read that before. Tennis.com has a second pro-umpire article written by Steve Flink. I'm pleasantly surprised that Tennis.com has "given voice" to these two articles, well done.
      seano...another super article by an author who has decided to treat this like the tennis match it was and not Romper Room where the infant terrible gets to the throw the tantrum of her choice when things don't go her way. The more this discussion goes on the more I realize what a monster was created. That is the real story and that deserves some microscopic investigation into all of the angles instead of just shoring it up with the usual social justice excuses.

The email from Marshall Happer was a beautiful piece of writing. Written without the POLITICAL CORRECTNESS that is demanded of the individual in these weird modern times...he lays it out in a sound, intelligent, thoughtful and unbiased manner. He makes the argument without trying to appeal to the base needs of the "afflicted" mass of the crowd.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

You are so right of course, it goes back to changing the narrative, the straw man. I seem to have a stalker on this board, who I blocked some time ago, who is also a straw man, as I remember..
        It is all about changing the narrative. Tennis metaphoring life. That is the tactic today...obfuscate the truth with false assumptions and narratives. The guilty parties of this flawed logic want us to assume a false A so that they can prove a false B. It doesn't work and this sort of logic is doomed. It will find it's meandering way into the mulch pile where it belongs.

Fake News. With the herd so dependent upon their daily dose of information it is the recipe for a dangerous situation. Situations such as this Serena Williams debacle are used to further divide the masses. As if such a thing were possible.

Stalker? Straw man? No...really?
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post

It is all about changing the narrative. Tennis metaphoring life. That is the tactic today...obfuscate the truth with false assumptions and narratives. The guilty parties of this flawed logic want us to assume a false A so that they can prove a false B. It doesn't work and this sort of logic is doomed. It will find it's meandering way into the mulch pile where it belongs.

Fake News. With the herd so dependent upon their daily dose of information it is the recipe for a dangerous situation. Situations such as this Serena Williams debacle are used to further divide the masses. As if such a thing were possible.

Stalker? Straw man? No...really?
          Are you saying the scarecrow in THE WIZARD OF OZ is a stalker? Name-calling! Also, possessive its never splits.
          Last edited by bottle; 09-13-2018, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks seano.
            Dr. Allen Fox has written some real gems and often when I am confused, perplexed or frustrated with certain aspects of tennis or even my own game I find his commentary and insights to be invaluable to myself and my students.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Serena has done a great job of rewriting the narrative about what happened out there, but pandering(thanks stotty) to her is not the answer. That was done in her post match press conference.
              Great point. Why is so hard for Serena, or many other athletes to just say that they didn't handle the situation well? For god's sakes I certainly haven't. Is it any wonder why pro athletes think they are above the law and common decency? Perhaps one of the reasons is because of the lackeys who make excuses for their every move. Just thinking out loud. Upbringing? Race? Sexism? Jesus Christ, we're not arguing mitigating circumstances to protect one from the death penalty. She acted like an idiot, and i would find her much more appealing if she just owned it.

But she won't. She has proven time and time again she is poor sport, which will forever distract from her rightful place as GOAT. Make now mistake though, she is no Roger Federer. Not even close.
              Last edited by 10splayer; 09-25-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• "but she won't", so true, no doubt about that. Connors, he certainly never owned that awful spectacle vs Aaron Krickstein. That kind of behavior by both and total lack of any semblance of self awareness is almost beyond belief. Good to see you posting again, always on point it seems to me.

Comment

• Granted Serena is cocooned by an entourage. I am not sure Connors had an entourage back then. Most likely he was simply a nasty piece of work all by himself. But in Serena's case the situation with her coach is intriguing. He said he made coaching signals, she says he didn't and never has. They seem to be in a stand off position at the moment and I wonder if he will end up getting the boot. He strikes me as coach highly skilled in massaging egos. Where he's been very clever is he has massaged Serena's ego by bigging her up in public to the public. No other coach has ever done this with a player to such a degree.
                  Last edited by stotty; 09-27-2018, 02:06 PM.
                  Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8847 users online. 3 members and 8844 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X