Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martina Navratilova versus Transgenders Competing against Women...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...the LOGICAL question is "Are Transgender people allowed to play in WTA and ATP tour events?"

Are transgender people allowed to play tennis on the WTA & ATP tours as their non-original gender? I know that Renee Richards was the first one to play at a Grand Slam, about 20 years ago. Do...

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      So...the LOGICAL question is "Are Transgender people allowed to play in WTA and ATP tour events?"

https://sports.stackexchange.com/que...e-wta-atp-tour
      Marginalize. The answer to everything. (Not.)
      Last edited by bottle; 03-01-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Brendan Johnston, a student at the Classical Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., forfeited the state tournament match last week rather than wrestle a girl.
        don_budge

Comment

Is the guy on the right Hasselhuffer, no David Hasselhoff from Bay Watch? Sure does look like him.

Comment

Watch this video ...

Tennis - I see tennis as a combat sport - that's how we train. The girls on the pro tour - incredible, but in no way can Serena beat any man in the top 1000 in the world - she would not be able to compete at all. You can't have transexuals playing combat sports like hockey, tennis, basketball, baseball, soccer and expect our girls to be compete.

Don Budge - Bottle - tell me what you think of this - MMA (mixed martial arts) fighter man top 1000 in the world goes and gets sex change and goes and fights against woman - what do you think?

Lastly, I think it would be more reasonable for transgenders to have their own specific league - their could be four in tennis/olympics - men, woman, transgender men/woman.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
              Watch this video ...

Don Budge - Bottle - tell me what you think of this - MMA (mixed martial arts) fighter man top 1000 in the world goes and gets sex change and goes and fights against woman - what do you think?

Lastly, I think it would be more reasonable for transgenders to have their own specific league - there could be four in tennis/olympics - men, woman, transgender men/woman.
              Sure, fine, I'm all in, four leagues so long as the phlebotomists are honest and industrious and it is not don_budge or bottle tasked with making the final decision since I would trust neither.

But since tennis is not AS MUCH a contact sport, if I were in charge, I first would ask the athlete to describe its gender and probably go with that just to do away with scores of annoying blood tests. Then, if the woman pretending to be a man made it through several rounds I'd say wow and let her keep going. If the man pretending to be a woman lost to a real woman in the first round I can't see why anyone would mind that she was out of the tournament.

You see, that, although I am a liberal progressive, I defy the talking head's ready made idea that I will utter milquetoast every time. I think we USans are in the middle of a living demonstration that anti-milquetoast is not all you need for effective governance. Also, the guy in your video has a nice smooth scalp but doesn't know the first thing about how to swear.

The way to most powerfully swear other than using Spanish or Russian (or Ukrainian?) is the same as the Detroit writer Elmore Leonard's rule for exclamation points-- one obscenity or ! every hundred pages.
              Last edited by bottle; 03-03-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post

Sure, fine, I'm all in, four leagues so long as the phlebotomists are honest and industrious and it is not don_budge or bottle tasked with making the final decision since I would trust neither.

But since tennis is not AS MUCH a contact sport, if I were in charge, I first would ask the athlete to describe its gender and probably go with that just to do away with scores of annoying blood tests. Then, if the woman pretending to be a man made it through several rounds I'd say wow and let her keep going. If the man pretending to be a woman lost to a real woman in the first round I can't see why anyone would mind that she was out of the tournament.

You see, that, although I am a liberal progressive, I defy the talking head's ready made idea that I will utter milquetoast every time. I think we USans are in the middle of a living demonstration that anti-milquetoast is not all you need for effective governance. Also, the guy in your video has a nice smooth scalp but doesn't know the first thing about how to swear.

The way to most powerfully swear other than using Spanish or Russian (or Ukrainian?) is the same as the Detroit writer Elmore Leonard's rule for exclamation points-- one obscenity or ! every hundred pages.
                Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
                  Watch this video ...

Tennis - I see tennis as a combat sport - that's how we train. The girls on the pro tour - incredible, but in no way can Serena beat any man in the top 1000 in the world - she would not be able to compete at all. You can't have transexuals playing combat sports like hockey, tennis, basketball, baseball, soccer and expect our girls to be compete.

Lastly, I think it would be more reasonable for transgenders to have their own specific league - their could be four in tennis/olympics - men, woman, transgender men/woman.
                  It's really quite simple hockeyscout. There are two categories...men and women. A man at birth will always compete as a man. The same goes for women. No other specific leagues. They are not warranted. If you opt to change your sex...that's fine. That's a choice. But you will always compete under your original God given sex. That is not a choice. Period. No wiggle room. No special exemptions. No special Olympics.

don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8588 users online. 4 members and 8584 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X