Next Gen Continental grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    Kohlschreiber uses this grip structure I think.
    Yes. I believe he still does on returns but changed to a shift from baseline now. Maybe John could find some video for us to review. This would make a great topic for an article with Sock and Kohlschreiber featured

Comment

This is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

I think Nick when he is engaged and focused like he was vs Nadal and Alex is a bit of a glimpse into what is possible. I have always thought Roger was the best level of tennis I have ever seen but Nick is something.
        Not kooky. Creative thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
          Wow! So that's why the beginning of your students' one-handers looks so weird. Will try it. I've written more on this subject, Chris, over at "A New Year's Serve" if you'd care to take a look, but you certainly don't have to. Others in this forum don't have to, either, in fact I wish they wouldn't. Although I am grateful for the 63,176 hits.
          Please send me the link. Chris@chrislewit.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrislewit View Post

Thanks for this
            Even top pros have trouble shifting grips when balls are coming at the velocities common on the pro tour now.
            There is the issue of speed and response. My guess is that they might slow the courts down or beef up the tennis balls a bit. Maybe I will experiment with this and see before making such a quick judgement.

Of course, it is harder to experiment when you have been hitting a stroke for over 30 years.

I'll see what my daughter thinks about it. She's only been hitting her one hander for a couple of years so it should be a lot more flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

There is the issue of speed and response. My guess is that they might slow the courts down or beef up the tennis balls a bit. Maybe I will experiment with this and see before making such a quick judgement.

Of course, it is harder to experiment when you have been hitting a stroke for over 30 years.

I'll see what my daughter thinks about it. She's only been hitting her one hander for a couple of years so it should be a lot more flexible.
              as a DIY'er having gone through a few grip changes in my career (biggest being hawaiian to extreme eastern/sw), experiementing with a grip change on the wall, or with coop feeds is fine, but seeing how it actually performs under pressure (it's effectiveness), is the hard part, in determining whether the change is permanently worth it.... not to mention some grip changes may come with a mindset change (eg. when i hit hawaiian, i was a counter puncher/moonballer... i explicitly switched to ee/sw to attack more, come to net, etc...)

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7928 users online. 6 members and 7922 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X