No announcement yet.

Serving Coronas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll text Brian, hopefully he won't mind.
    Last edited by seano; 04-04-2020, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
      Leg drive. By chance yesterday I was re-reading Mark Kovacs' Complete Conditioning for Tennis, and thought I'd try some different exercises and chose some of the lower body power development ones, specifically jumping onto a box, and jumping off a box with bounce afterwards. Bit of an eye-opener, I now realise the leg drive in my serve has 'gone to sleep' (tbh it was always a bit weak). It might be worth having a go at box-jumping to re-invigorate your leg drive.
      I'm purposely using minimal legs until I get the racquet path sorted.

If your car has bad tires you don't put a bigger engine!

J

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
        I'll text Brian and ask for his thoughts, hopefully he won't mind.
        Awesome!

J

Comment

Brian said there are infinite number of ways of dropping the racquet not just 2. Feels his method is the opposite of this guy's for quantitative reasons.He thinks there's a lot of bad information on the internet. People giving opinions with no scientific basis.
          Last edited by seano; 04-04-2020, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Brian said there are infinite number of ways of dropping the racquet not just 2. Feels his method is the opposite of this guy's for quantitative reasons.He thinks there's a lot of bad information on the internet. People giving opinions with no scientific basis.
            It's *very* hard to find information. I guess I'm on my own. Wish me luck guys!

J

Comment

Bad information on the internet. I am shocked. J here is an option from an article I did with Paul Goldstein when he was on the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                Bad information on the internet. I am shocked. J here is an option from an article I did with Paul Goldstein when he was on the tour.

https://www.tennisplayer.net/members...e_4_01_06.html
                John thanks,

I remember reading that article when I first joined, maybe 2007?

I was so happy my racquet drop was on par with Sampras until 10 years later when I realized my elbow was too low.

J

Comment

Here's one I hit over the curtain back then.

If I could figure out how to do this every time, I could dethrone Rafa at the french!

J

Comment

Nice. Also indoor clay!

Comment

It's... what we have.

J

Comment

Envy the east when it comes to that.

Comment

Other reasons just now, no...

Comment

How's it going J011yroger? Next time I get out (on the lawn!) I'm going to toss lower, explode legs more, and keep shoulder super loose. Should be epic

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                              How's it going J011yroger? Next time I get out (on the lawn!) I'm going to toss lower, explode legs more, and keep shoulder super loose. Should be epic
                              All good, got a lot of work done the past two days.

Supposed to rain for a bit so I will keep after the shadow swings and see when I can get back outside.

J

Comment

Food for thought, and please forgive the lunacy of the comparison, but what do you think of Thiem's drop compared to mine?

Front entry, on edge drop? This is an outstanding point of view. https://youtu.be/Tlhj2HPIJYM

Pictures shamelessly stolen from the post of jimlosaltos in the Thiem serve thread.

J
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3071 users online. 7 members and 3064 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X