No announcement yet.

The 4 Pillars of the Type III ATP Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don_budge - no nerves here - always call em like I see em for better or worse lol.

rthodges - sorry I wasn’t more clear - let us know what happens Friday.

Sean - appreciate you saying that - the questions are good. The videos are rough for me - was thinking about a blooper video - the outtakes are quite entertaining but the language is probably a bit colorful for prime time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
      don_budge - no nerves here - always call em like I see em for better or worse lol.

rthodges - sorry I wasn’t more clear - let us know what happens Friday.

Sean - appreciate you saying that - the questions are good. The videos are rough for me - was thinking about a blooper video - the outtakes are quite entertaining but the language is probably a bit colorful for prime time.
      No need to apologize! As a habitual committer of operator errors I can assure you that your amazing articles and videos have been some of the most interesting and helpful content on this site. My forehand has seen huge improvements thus far, and I’m excited that there are still components I can add/refine. I’m actually happy that I did it this way since I now have a firm grasp on the horizontal component and can better isolate the vertical component as I implement varying degrees of it. I will report back how it goes tomorrow!

I second Sean’s sentiments. Everyone here really appreciates the time you put into creating such quality content and so thoroughly answering our questions on this forum. An outtakes reel sounds like a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
        rthodges - the hitting arm motion should be relatively passive in the early forward swing progressing to more active (intentional) later in the forward swing.
        Years ago I used to hear some coaches say “accelerate the follow through”. Now whether that statement helps or hurts or even relates to the arm motion becoming more active (intentional) later in the forward swing....???

Comment

rthodges - the hitting arm motion should be relatively passive in the early forward swing progressing to more active (intentional) later in the forward swing.

Brian -

Question about a "relative passive hitting arm in the early forward swing". How does the hitting arm stay relatively passive if the "dynamic slot" is caused by the pulling forward of the hand? I know were getting into the "weeds" but just a question I though of. Thanks,

Sean
          Last edited by seano; 08-30-2020, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Get ready for an incredible final series on the type 3 forehand. So much information, you're going to have lots of questions and comments. Brian has outdone himself, we are very fortunate.
            Last edited by seano; 08-29-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Sean - I think the answer to your question is found in the next article - if still not clear I'm happy to explain further.

Comment

Great article
                but what if we create twisting Rotation with the flip and we dont Need Vertical racket Head speed in the end. Are we able to convert this twisting Rotation to Forward Speed in the Type 3 Swing or will the Energy of the twisting Rotation just dissipate?

Comment

Speed and spin are separated by design in this swing model. Initiation of the pulling force will TEND to cause the twisting rotation you reference - it is a choice how much rotation one allows. It can be cut short (muscularly) for a flatter shot output or allowed to rotate more for a higher spin/trajectory shot. The amount of flip is variable in this model dictated by the vertical racquet speed needed for a given shot.

Comment

Thank you brian for the answer. Another confusing is the kinetic chain. A ground Reaction force to initiate the Forward Swing would Travel from
                    bottom to top. But if we coil our Body and then uncoil in the Forward Swing wouldnt be some kind of Energy coming from top to bottom? Are These Kind of two different Energy paths that have to be synced or am i completely lost?

Comment

I think worrying about the kinetic chain is a red herring. If the key positions in the strokes are good that will all take care of itself.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3000 users online. 10 members and 2990 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X