Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum November 2020: Brandon Nakashima Serve

Brandon Nakashima Serve

So…great racket path, narrow stance, some body turn. Would Brian Gordon call that backswing "early entry" in relation to the leg drive? (Click Here.)

What else do you see??

Last edited by johnyandell; 10-31-2020, 05:43 PM.

It looks like he barely avoids early entry. He sure seems to have more than normal weight shift to the front foot at the hesitation point. From your observations, is he within the optimal pro range for amount of weight shift at that point in time? Is his degree of racket arm elbow angle at the hesitation point falling within the optimal pro range of angle?

Comment

Looks early to me...On wieght shift it looks pretty even at full knee bend. Not sure what the otpimal pro range of elbow angle is? Or if it matters?

Comment

The drop looks a hair early to me too, but it’s really close. My heros always seem to sync up the turn and the deepest part of the knee bend simultaneously then the legs and racquet drop work together. His turn is so quick at the beginning he misses that synchronization point which may be why he’s ever so slightly early at the drop. My 2 cents

Comment

In Bruce Elliott's work ,the states that he maximum elbow flexion should stay close to 90 degrees but I see various slow motion videos (Wawrinka and others) where world class players collapse that upper arm / lower arm angle through the racquet drop.. thoughts?

Comment

My thought is I wouldn't argue with Bruce, but as you say many players bend further...Isner for one... To me it's less about trying to control that angle--which might be impossible--and more about getting the racket to the full drop position...

Comment

He has the “up and over” that J. Salzy describes. He has gone further to name the arm position immediately after contact the “dirty diaper” (on the condition that arm finishes on the same side of the body as the dominant arm. Jeff has a monster kick using just his arms and whst looks like 60% effort. It’s remarkable.

Comment

Levantamento da bola muito alto.
                Os maiores sacadores da história do tênis possuíam um levantamento da bola mais baixo, como por exemplo Tilden, Pancho González, Laver, Neale Fraser, Colin Dlibey, Tanner, Sampras, Goran Ivanesevic, Karlovic, Kirgios......

Comment

Can you translate to English?

Comment

Originally posted by zinosman View Post
                    Levantamento da bola muito alto.
                    Os maiores sacadores da história do tênis possuíam um levantamento da bola mais baixo, como por exemplo Tilden, Pancho González, Laver, Neale Fraser, Colin Dlibey, Tanner, Sampras, Goran Ivanesevic, Karlovic, Kirgios......

Lifting the ball too high. The biggest drawers in the history of tennis had a lower ball lift, such as Tilden, Pancho González, Laver, Neale Fraser, Colin Dlibey, Tanner, Sampras, Goran Ivanesevic, Karlovic, Kirgios ......Google translate
                    don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9598 users online. 7 members and 9591 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X