2021 Australian Open...ATP 2000...Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Australian Open...ATP 2000...Melbourne, Australia

The possibility exists that number one, Roger Federer will be in the draw. Number two, it will be played in front of live crowds. A lot is going to happen between now and then. The world is balanced on the brink. The tipping point is hanging precariously in the balance. The importance of a potential Grand Slam event pales in comparison. It will serve as a distraction. If Roger Federer plays, then at least it will be a bona fide tennis tournament which we have not seen in quite a while.

Getting a bit of jump start on things here. I can't let stroke get the quick drop on me. Even though he is batting a thousand pinch-hitting for me. So here we go. Right down the rabbit hole. Let's chronicle what we see. What we think we see. It's all AI now. All the time. Now you see it, now you don't. Virtual reality begets virtual morality. Clutching our surrealistic pillows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANN...KNref1gjatzAns

"When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go,
    And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
    When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
    And the white knight is talking backwards
    And the red queen's off with her head...
    Remember what the Dormouse said"

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Glad you are back here db, but to be completely honest, I was going to give you another day or 2. If I were a betting man, I would have bet on you coming back.
    Last edited by stroke; 12-20-2020, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Roger Federer out of the 2021 Australian Open...End of an Era

It is the end of an era of sorts. Even though Roger was the only players keeping the connection...of the three little dots. William Tilden is the book...Richard Gonzalez is the model with the Don Budge backhand. Harry Hopman is the coach. Roger Federer was the Living Proof.

https://www.oann.com/tennis-federer-...n-open-report/
      don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        https://youtu.be/s9pS0dgmr4A

Found this AO 2012 match Tomic vs Fed. Fed was in full flight as usual. Tomic was 17 years old or so. Watching the highlights, one gets the feeling Tomic thought he was the clever one going into this match.
        Watching this video reminds me how much Roger Federer is going to be missed at the Open and in the Future.
        don_budge

Comment

Nobody has ever been as easy on the eye as Roger, no doubt.

Comment

Daily Mail: Vanessa Sierra hits back at Nick Kyrgios who slammed her and her boyfriend Bernard Tomic.

Comment

Daily Mail: Vanessa Sierra hits back at Nick Kyrgios who slammed her and her boyfriend Bernard Tomic.
              https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ard-Tomic.html
              The way Nick himself carries on he's got a nerve criticising others. I have warmed to Nick slightly over the years because of his tennis but when it comes to being a 'tool'...he should look no further than himself.
              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

The way Nick himself carries on he's got a nerve criticising others. I have warmed to Nick slightly over the years because of his tennis but when it comes to being a 'tool'...he should look no further than himself.
                No truer words ever spoken.

Comment

The Australian Open. The Happy Slam. Nothing would make me happier than to see life return to normal. Whatever normal is now? I can't wait to see grand slam tennis again.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
                  SETS Consulting
                  Delray Beach

Comment

Ist round best matchups:

Cilic vs Sinner
                    Shapovalov vs Grigor
                    Kevin Anderson vs Berrettini

Comment

Ist round best matchups:

Cilic vs Sinner
                      Shapovalov vs Grigor
                      It should be a good tournament. No Roger, which is a shame, but at least there is a host of upcoming players who do actually pose a threat. I need this tournament having been somewhat starved of topflight tennis to watch.
                      Stotty

Comment

Tsitsipas looked in fine form vs the demon in the warmup tournament. He is ready to really compete for the Majors maybe.

Comment

Odds to win AO:
                          Novak +110
                          Nadal Medvedev Thiem +500
                          Stef Alex +1200
                          Rublev +2500
                          Nick +3000
                          Denis and Sinner +3300( who play each other 1st round)

​​​​​​​At these odds, Rublev looks to be worth taking a flyer on to me.

Comment

Speaking of a flyer.....

Comment

Ist round best matchups:

Cilic vs Sinner
                              Shapovalov vs Grigor
                              Thinks its:

Cilic v Dimitrov

and

Sinner v Shapovalov

Sinner is a really good prospect to me. Every time I see Shapovalov it's all 'hell for leather' and nothing in-between. Every player needs some kind of B game even if it's just taking 5% off the pace to get it in! If Roger, Novak and Rafa have taught anything, it's consistency is paramount. Those guys give nothing away.
                              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8132 users online. 7 members and 8125 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X