No announcement yet.

2021 Australian Open...ATP 2000...Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hot start from Daniil Medvedev? Dominating the hard court from Novak Djokovic? What ESPN experts Patrick McEnroe, Brad Gilbert and Darren Cahill say are the key factors to claim the Australian Open crown for the two finalists.

Comment

• I think McEnroe might be on the money.
      Stotty

Comment

• Novak has not come out in a mood. He is in early clinical mode with an early break. Up 3-0 in first set.

Comment

• Medvedev breaks back. Both players totally engaged. This is what we had all hoped for so far.

Comment

• I think that the pressure is squarely on Djokovic. It's early. But the younger legs might be a factor here as Medvedev seems to have an angle on moving Djokovic.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post
              I think that the pressure is squarely on Djokovic. It's early. But the younger legs might be a factor here as Medvedev seems to have an angle on moving Djokovic.
              ...and if this is the case then the quicker court is going to favour Mr. Pencil with the flatter ground strokes. Federer was able to exploit this against Djokovic somewhat, particularly after he switched racquets.
              don_budge

Comment

• Kind of working for now, but if Djokovic keeps baling out of long rallies with his drop shot, I think Medvedev will work it out and make him suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                  Kind of working for now, but if Djokovic keeps baling out of long rallies with his drop shot, I think Medvedev will work it out and make him suffer.
                  I think like McEnroe said, that drop shot in part of Novak's strategy, but a fine line there no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                    Kind of working for now, but if Djokovic keeps baling out of long rallies with his drop shot, I think Medvedev will work it out and make him suffer.
                    Interesting...if he is bailing it is a good sign for Medvedev. The first set is a must for Djokovic. If it is a tie-break...crucial for Novak. It looks to me as if Medvedev is putting more pressure on. Novak is not to be trusted though. He has the ability to appear vulnerable and then come out swinging.
                    don_budge

Comment

• Brilliant first set by Novak. No rope-a-doping today. As stroke said, totally engaged.
                      Stotty

Comment

• Novak has been hitting a stunning length and his level of aggression is just right.
                        Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post

He has the ability to appear vulnerable and then come out swinging.
                          Tell me about it! That Fritz match drove me nuts - I kept shouting at the TV "he's faking it!!!" "AGAIN!!!!"

Comment

• Perfect 1st set for Novak. A couple of notes: Novak's return of serve is just the best ever, as we all know. Novak is dictating more often than not vs the one guy here who can truly rally and hang in with him on extended rallies. And Novak simply has better athletic foundation/posture striking the ball off both sides. Medvedev is not going anywhere though. He needs to really extend Novak every set as DB mentioned, and see if his younger legs can become a factor, see if he can get him deep in 4th or 5th set.

Comment

• Excellent work by Djokovic. Shifting the pressure back on to Medvedev. Ebb and flow.
                              don_budge

Comment

• Stunning rallies. Novak really stalking the baseline. Squeezing hard. Medvedev is truly getting the test here.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8499 users online. 6 members and 8493 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X