No announcement yet.

Rotterdam-ATP 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stef just completed a very well played by both players 3 set match over Hurkacz. Took just over 2 hours. Could have gone either way but Stef really does have top shelf will to win. His backhand slice looks a bit better to me also. I love pretty much all about his game except that forehand leaning serve grip. I kind of think that grip is mostly responsible for his tendency to fall to the left on completion of his service motion. Hurkacz is 30 in the world with a very good all court game.

Comment

Coric takes out Lajovic. Coric has to me turned into the new Kohlcheiber. A pro's pro who just has gotten all they can out of their potential.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        Coric takes out Lajovic. Coric has to me turned into the new Kohlcheiber. A pro's pro who just has gotten all they can out of their potential.
        I know what you mean. He's a workman who leaves no stone unturned. Not the most interesting player, however.
        Stotty

Comment

Stef and Khachanov 3 all in the 3rd in a real slugfest.

Comment

Stef and Khachanov 3 all in the 3rd in a real slugfest.
            It is. Tsitsipas did so well to break back at 1-3.

5-4 Kachanov....on serve. No blinking from here on in.
            Stotty

Comment

Great win for Tsitsipas. Really played well in that last set. He's really dangerous off that forehand wing when he cranks it up.
              Stotty

Comment

Very impressive by Stef. He took that match. A crowd would have really been into this match. Stef is a tremendous athlete. Stef had 46 winners 40 errors for match. Khac had 30 winners 26 errors. A very high quality match, 2 hours 46 minutes. That is all it takes to win tough 500 level match. Easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                  Great win for Tsitsipas. Really played well in that last set. He's really dangerous off that forehand wing when he cranks it up.
                  Both those guys have to me top 10 forehands in tennis, but I like Stef's more. And his backhand is making less errors it seems to me. Stef is a great post match interview on a side note. He may be picking up the baton there from Agassi and Fed. In fact, I would say Stef's forehand is model type 3(like Fed and Rafa).
                  Last edited by stroke; 03-05-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Coric takes out Nishi in 2 tiebreakers in a very high quality very physical match. There have really been a lot of high quality matches in this tournament. Shame there are no fans. Just terrible situation.

Comment

Coric takes out Nishi in 2 tiebreakers in a very high quality very physical match. There have really been a lot of high quality matches in this tournament. Shame there are no fans. Just terrible situation.
                      There was no Stotty either. I have been locked out of the internet for about 4 hours...so annoying when that happens. I was looking forward to watching Nishikori again, especially since Jim said he has altered his service motion. Nishikori is such a wonderful ball striker with an awesome backhand. I have yet to see him play live but would love to. Shame he lost. I'm a big fan. Nice bloke too.
                      Stotty

Comment

Lovely player Fucsovics. Really moves his opponent around well and his backhand down the line is laser like and sweetly struck. I haven't seem him play much before. I am favourably impressed.

He has a decent sliced backhand too.
                        Last edited by stotty; 03-05-2021, 02:48 PM.
                        Stotty

Comment

Tsitsipas a very slight favorite over Rublev, 52% winning odds. Certainly match of the day.

Comment

Rublev brutal in 1st set winning 6-3 with 16 winners and 5 errors. Stef played ok just bullied a bit. Stef is definitely going to have to get his hard hat on to possibly win this one.

Comment

Rublev's level never dropped. He really just hit Stef off the court, 34 winners about 14 errors. Rublev really seems to like working out there. Stef did well to get to 2nd set tiebreaker. Rublev reminds me of a more physical Davydenko.

Comment

Fucsovics wins the first set looking like a great tennis player in doing so. He has a top shelf slice bh, particularly for a 2 hander. And he and Coric are clearly supremely conditioned players. Watching Fucsovics, hard to believe he has only had a best ranking of 31.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8009 users online. 6 members and 8003 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X