No announcement yet.

2021 Roland Garros...ATP 2000...Paris, France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sure is nice to see Novak going all in.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post
      It sure is nice to see Novak going all in.
      It is. He's doing a sterling job. Just needs a bit of luck and to keeping working Rafa around. Needs the third set...and the fourth.
      Stotty

Comment

• He it appears to me he has accepted this may take 5 hours. Tough to accept, but I think he has. We all know Rafa has.

Comment

• Novak playing like Borg. Staying deeper and neutralizing Nadal until he can hit a shot that bothers him. Very interesting counter strategy. Few players can out steady Nadal on clay.

Comment

• Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
            Novak playing like Borg. Staying deeper and neutralizing Nadal until he can hit a shot that bothers him. Very interesting counter strategy. Few players can out steady Nadal on clay.
            Novak to me actually has that ability. But it takes enormous mental strength and perseverance. Nadal is the only player that actually requires that level of commitment from Novak. That is a key reason to me why Novak struggles to get in that mood. Nadal is his unique challenge. But that is the only way for Novak. He is not going to beat him shock and awe style.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post

Novak to me actually has that ability. But it takes enormous mental strength and perseverance. Nadal is the only player that actually requires that level of commitment from Novak. That is a key reason to me why Novak struggles to get in that mood. Nadal is his unique challenge. But that is the only way for Novak. He is not going to beat him shock and awe style.
              Shock and awe is difficult on clay. He does manage to beat Nadal on hard courts but that is much faster surface with clean bounces.

Nadal says that he does not like giving Novak an angle. But if Novak keeps playing that far back there is no choice.

To me last September's final was one of the few times that I have seen Novak not willing to fight. Today, he is actually gaining my admiration for the first time.

Comment

• Novak is one metre nearer to the baseline than he has been all tournament yet still taking balls at shoulder height. Novak is hitting his forehand 5mph quicker than he has been the entire two weeks. He is really starting to time the ball so well also. A long way to go but it is doable.

Rafa is really upping his forehand which is worrying if he keeps it up.

5-4 Novak
                Stotty

Comment

• Poor game from Novak. An inexplicable unforced error and a daft trip to the net....next thing you know the game is lost.

Rafa's is supercharged now.
                  Stotty

Comment

• As Morley, an older player who used to show up at the high school courts used to say "You have to pay good money to see tennis like that."

Comment

• Covid restrictions on number of fans and you can feel the atmosphere always biased against Novak as usual. It’s amazing how he can tune it out and won 18 slams! Federer and Nadal how many slams have they won with the crowd pushing them over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by jthb1021 View Post
                        Covid restrictions on number of fans and you can feel the atmosphere always biased against Novak as usual. It’s amazing how he can tune it out and won 18 slams! Federer and Nadal how many slams have they won with the crowd pushing them over the top.
                        Could not agree more.

Comment

• It's exhausting to watch never mind play. Rafa utterly relentless but Novak refuses to give.

Tiebreak...
                          Stotty

Comment

• The shamdemic curfew about to kick in. This is going to be priceless. Nobody can do it like the French. This might actually help Novak.

Comment

• Outrageous level of play in the tiebreak. You just feel Novak has to win more than Rafa.
                              Stotty

Comment

• Two set to one Novak...game on.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9666 users online. 9 members and 9657 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X