No announcement yet.

2021 Roland Garros...ATP 2000...Paris, France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddsmakers now have Novak the favorite at 62% implied probability of winning. On a side note, it may take a situation like this to expose the shamdemic for what it is.

Comment

• That 3rd set was one of the best sets of tennis I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post
        That 3rd set was one of the best sets of tennis I have ever seen.
        Reminds me of the 2008 Wimbledon final.

Comment

• Okay 2-2 in the fourth. Who's your money on?
          Stotty

Comment

• Novak is locking down...
            Stotty

Comment

• I love locking down Novak. I would just like to see more of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post
                I love locking down Novak. I would just like to see more of that.
                And he's entering a state of deep calm. He could sneak it right here in the fourth.
                Stotty

Comment

• Monumental performance...knew he could do it...never lost faith.
                  Stotty

Comment

• There is just nothing like Novak in the mood.

Comment

• Not only did he beat Nadal he got him to give up! He crushed Nadal’s fighting spirit even with a super pro Rafa crowd. Amazing!

Comment

• Nadal is playing differently than he used to. He has to win inside the court and shorten points. This works against almost everyone. Novak is not everyone. I think he is the only one to have beaten Rafa twice on clay at RG. Is that right?

Comment

• Sounds like a mix between French and Italian but hey, at least he is trying.

Comment

• And I have always felt of the 3 greatest players of all time, Novak is truly the most likeable and personable. They are all great guys, but Novak to me has always stood out. The fact that he has never gotten the crowd love of the other 2 just makes it more so.

Comment

• Originally posted by jthb1021 View Post
                              Not only did he beat Nadal he got him to give up! He crushed Nadal’s fighting spirit even with a super pro Rafa crowd. Amazing!
                              Tend to agree in a sense. I felt Rafa didn't exactly give up, it was more a case of his game collapsed. Novak sensed victory and went into a state of deep calm around 3-2 in the fourth. I knew then it was all over.
                              Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by stotty View Post

Tend to agree in a sense. I felt Rafa didn't exactly give up, it was more a case of his game collapsed. Novak sensed victory and went into a state of deep calm around 3-2 in the fourth. I knew then it was all over.
                                There was an article about how Rafa had to become more aggressive and try and play inside the court more to shorten points. This is a similar story to what Federer had to do and what Novak will probably have to do as well.

The problem for Novak and Rafa is that their games are not as well suited to shortening points. I think Novak has a better chance on hard courts where he can take the ball early and create pressure. But you can only fight back father time so long.

Federer already had a game more amenable to shortening points. So it was easier for him to adapt and he also changed rackets.

Nadal may not be able to keep playing long matches going forward.

Novak looked great today but he has to play someone 10 years younger on Sunday who has a lot less miles.

It will be interesting to see if Stefanos can grind Novak down. Not sure Novak is quite there yet.

Sorry, to leave Fed off the list but he may get a couple more runs at Wimbledon but will have a hard time winning outside of that.

You can only beat back father time so long.

Just wondering. How long do you think that Novak and Rafa can stay near the top?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7842 users online. 1 members and 7841 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X