2021 Roland Garros...ATP 2000...Paris, France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stotty View Post
    It's the forehand that is really starting to work for Tsitsipas. Particularly down the line.
    His forehand no doubt to me one of the very best, on clay at the very least, after Nadal. So heavy, big rpm's.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post

His forehand no doubt to me one of the very best, on clay at the very least, after Nadal. So heavy, big rpm's.
      Seems to be pulling Novak off the court

Comment

• Hard to know what Novak is playing at here. He's looking decidedly rope-a-dope at the moment. You feel he could win this match from anywhere but he refuses to engage, and he's giving Tsitsipas way too many forehands in situations where he has a choice and doesn't have to. Hard to understand what tactics Novak is employing....seems devoid of any at the moment.
        Stotty

Comment

Hard to know what Novak is playing at here. He's looking decidedly rope-a-dope at the moment. You feel he could win this match from anywhere but he refuses to engage, and he's giving Tsitsipas way too many forehands in situations where he has a choice and doesn't have to. Hard to understand what tactics Novak is employing....seems devoid of any at the moment.
          Looks tired. Dip is coming but he is behind. First time facing a younger fresher opponent in a final. Harder to execute any plan.

Comment

• Novak to me has hit one of moods. I have seen this look many times from Nivak. To me, it is not a physically tired issue, but who knows. One thing for sure, he is down 2 sets.

Comment

• None of the commentators are close to defining what is going on with Novak. Tsitsipas cannot believe his luck. He is not even having to play for this. One thing is for sure, it's going to be over very soon unless Novak snaps out of it.
              Stotty

Comment

• NBC with their usual sucky coverage did not even give us the 2nd set stats. As far as I can tell, it was 9 winners and 2 errors for Stef, 6 winners and 10 errors for Novak. Obviously, Stef is just outplaying him. More winners and less errors than your opponent usually works ha.

Comment

• Bit of a cheat Tsitsipas. Ringing marks and pointing out knowing full well they aren't. That might fire Novak up who is about the fairest man on tour...honest as they day is long.
                  Stotty

Comment

• Tsitsipas has a bit of a bad habit challenging in/out calls, no doubt. I remember Nadal said one time he would not want to play Stef without line calls ha.
                    Last edited by stroke; 06-13-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

None of the commentators are close to defining what is going on with Novak. Tsitsipas cannot believe his luck. He is not even having to play for this. One thing is for sure, it's going to be over very soon unless Novak snaps out of it.
                      So so true. I know DB is not a fan of the Tennis Channel commentators sometimes, but to me they are way way better than NBC.
                      Last edited by stroke; 06-13-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Tsitsipas has to win the match right here lest Novak wakes up and starts going to work. Make no mistake, Novak could turn this round given a peep of a chance.
                        Stotty

Comment

• Novak seems to have re-engaged here, but that is the peril of the rope a dope. Stef does not seem to want to go along with the Novak re-engagement.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post
                            Novak seems to have re-engaged here, but that is the peril of the rope a dope. Stef does not seem to want to go along with the Novak re-engagement.
                            Well he knows what could happen and he is fighting like mad to stay on top of Novak. He didn't do too much wrong. Novak just played too well...3-1 Novak
                            Stotty

Comment

• Terrible commentary on my channel. They aren't watching the same match as me. Might as well turn the sound down.

I won't see the end of this as I am off to work soon. I've seen better matches, but seeing if Tsitsipas can close out will be interesting if it comes to that. He wants it so, so badly.
                              Stotty

Comment

• To serve or not to serve out the set...that is the existential question for Novak Djokovic. To be or not to be.
                                don_budge
                                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3269 users online. 5 members and 3264 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X