No announcement yet.

2021 Wimbledon Championships...ATP 2000...London, England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novak heavy favorite at 82% chance of winning vs Matteo.

Comment

• I make the bookies right but it's not a completely lost cause. Berri needs to serve big and crack his forehand as we all know but he needs a good tactic as well. I'm told he can really knife a sliced backhand down the line. That's a useful shot against Novak.

There's pressure on Novak going for a record-equaling 20th slam.

The forecast is warm and dry with no wind which will suit Novak.
      Stotty

Comment

• I think Matteo has a legitimate chance. The grass to me his best service. He has two shots better than Novak, his serve and forehand. Both have to on big time no doubt for him to win. Denis had chances with his big game. Matteo's is bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by klacr View Post

Arturo,
          The biggest thing for Golubic is understanding how effective and useful it is. Backswings can be edited and shortened, but the grasp of tactical advantages and variety can not. Viktorija lost to a player (Pliskova) that was playing on another level. Full credit to her. But for a player to understand the tools they have and utilize them is the key.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
          Delray Beach
          SETS Consulting
          www.setsconsult.org
          I watched the final with my daughter. She was amazed at Barty's slice and how effective it was. There was a time when my daughter hit slice almost exclusively. Now she is workin on her 1H topspin BH. So she tends to not switch to slice enough.

She did notice that Barty only hits two handers on grass from certain positions. My daughter could even tell me why she does it physically. It's just too hard to sometimes hit a slice from certain positions of the court when the ball lands deep.

Seeing someone like Barty is an inspiration for players to see how you don't need to hit through players to win. Pliskova has the bigger game. Barty just neutralized it to perfection. I wish Viktorija had made it deeper.

Comment

• Shocking first set in terms of standard. Got slightly better the last three games. Long way to go but what separates Berri from other pretenders is his positive attitude. He's out to win. As usual the crowd is massively behind the challenger and against Djokovic.
            Stotty

Comment

• Copy crowd. McEnroe just pointed out that Matteo has a similar game to Roddick. Had not thought of that but true. Roddick's serve even bigger slightly than Berenttini, Berenttini with the bigger forehand, though Roddick's was very good. Backhands similar. Long way to go. Novak has all day to do what he does.

Comment

• Roddick did great off just a terrific serve and half a forehand. Berri has good enough serve and a proper forehand so I make him slightly better.

Berri needs a good 30 minutes of tennis here in the second...mustn't lose momentum.
                Stotty

Comment

• Looks like that good 30 minutes has gone Novak's way. Moving and hitting the ball really smoothly.
                  Stotty

Comment

• Not surprisingly to me, Novak's odds of winning the match dropped only very slightly after losing the 1st set. Often times, you see a pretty big change in the odds when the favorite loses the 1st set. Here, that is a no.
                    Last edited by stroke; 07-11-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Berri breaks back for 3-5. The crowd massively on his side. I don't know how Novak copes with it. He's used to it I guess.
                      Stotty

Comment

• 1 set all. The next fifteen minutes will reveal a lot.
                        Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by stotty View Post
                          Berri breaks back for 3-5. The crowd massively on his side. I don't know how Novak copes with it. He's used to it I guess.
                          I think the way he copes with it, like the rest of his game, is stand alone. Whatever happens with the crowd here, it will not be anywhere close to the crowd "support" he endured vs Roger here.
                          Last edited by stroke; 07-11-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post

I think the way he copes with it, like the rest of his game, is stand alone. Whatever happens with the crowd here, it will not be anywhere close to the crowd "support" he endured vs Roger here.
                            True
                            Stotty

Comment

• Fifteen minutes later we have a break of serve for Novak. Let's see if he holds his own. Crucial Berri breaks back but he does't seem to be the best returner on the tour from today's showing.
                              Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by stotty View Post
                                Fifteen minutes later we have a break of serve for Novak. Let's see if he holds his own. Crucial Berri breaks back but he does't seem to be the best returner on the tour from today's showing.
                                His main weapons are out there for all to see, great serve, massive forehand ha. And he competes well no doubt.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9659 users online. 3 members and 9656 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X