No announcement yet.

2021 U. S. Open Tennis Championships...ATP 2000...New York, New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break of serve in game one. Medvedev going fo attrition already...wants to rally rally rally.
    Stotty

Comment

• 4-3

Strange dynamic...now become a serving affair with both players. Novak moving to the net quite frequently. Strange and not what I expected. Medvedev serving really well.
      Stotty

Comment

• Who knows what Novak is thinking/doing. He is in uncharted waters. If I were his coach, I would simply say just do what you do.

Comment

• Medvedev hardly bothering with second serves in the traditional sense of the word...hitting two first serves more or less. It's working a treat. Novak paid the price for dropping that opening service game from 40-15 up.

Let's see if Medvedev can keep it up.
          Stotty

Comment

• Think Novak better go for a long toilet break after he loses this second set.

Comment

• Medvedev is serving like a dream and Novak is serving like a drain. What is worrying me is Novak is half a step slower than usual...enough to make all the difference in the rallies.
              Stotty

Comment

• He didn't!

Comment

• Medvedev now a 75% implied probability of winning per oddsmakers. Things change quickly

Comment

• Not looking like it's going to be Novak's night. He just cannot seem to raise his level and his serve continues to be way off.
                    Stotty

Comment

• Two breaks down in the final set. It seems that the intense mental pressure has taken a physical toll. Or could this be the ultimate limp leg? This time, I don't think so. Sad to say.

Comment

• Medvedev with a double break which is a nice cushion should he start to get a little tight. Novak looks spent physically. Uncharacteristic trips to the net have given the game away. He is unwilling to rally it seems at times.
                        Stotty

Comment

• Pretty disappointing that the crowd just heckled Medvedev into two double faults at match point, then the deuce after.

Comment

• Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

And then Novak woke up. He seems to always have these wobbles. They don't last long and he breaks out of them in style.

The pressure must be mounting. It will be something like Budge, Laver and Djokovic. Even if you don't like him, it will be hard to not hold this moment in tennis history forever.

Now the hard part. Getting through all the hungry players that want to take the throne from him.

The more I think about it. The more I am going to chose this year as the year of Zverev.

We had 2009, 2014 and now 2021.

I made a prediction but I would not bet a lot of money on it. This year's US Open is turning out to be unpredictable.
                            It seems to be the year of an ev. Just a different tall Russian. I know Zverev is technically German. In any case,

changing of the guard?

Comment

• Good last game by Medvedev. Novak made him win it.

Disappointing match. Novak so poor physically today, moving much slower than usual. Whether that was nerves or fatigue, who knows. Nothing wrong with Medvedev's form today. He had a plan and stuck to it from start to finish.
                              Stotty

Comment

• Well the 1st GS calendar since 1968 a very tough ask . I think that was probably the last opportunity for that we will see.
                                Last edited by stroke; 09-13-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2405 users online. 4 members and 2401 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X