Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Djokovic Visa Blocked a 2nd Time. To Be Deported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The draw looks a lot lighter without Roger or Novak in it that's for sure. Novak has thrown away a decent chance here as he hasn't lost to Rafa on a hard court for as long as I can remember. Nadal and Zverev look the strongest candidates in the top half for sure. I will be interested to see how far Sinner goes in the bottom half of the draw.
    Stotty

Comment

I still say this would have never, under identical circumstances, happened to Roger or Rafael, but who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        I still say this would have never, under identical circumstances, happened to Roger or Rafael, but who cares.
        Tend to agree. Something about Novak just rubs folk up the wrong way. I still think he's the best though. They showed a clip of him training on the Rod Laver court. He looked quite magnificent physically and was hitting the ball so cleanly. He's is just so incredibly well balanced.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
          I don't understand. Fedal would NEVER be in the identical situation. First, they are vaccinated. Secondly, they wouldn't engage with Tiley in finding a devious back door to avoid a country's border laws. I can't even imagine that.

Comment

Cross posted from "Djokovic Going Forward" thread.

Update on the soap opera that is L'Affaire Djokovic.

Today, Feb 2 via ESPN:
            https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...rosecutors-say

"The prosecution office said in a statement that it had received a request for criminal proceedings against unnamed individuals who allegedly forged two PCR certificates, which were later used by Djokovic to apply for a medical exemption from vaccination when entering Australia.

"The prosecution acted according to the regulations, checks were performed, and it was determined that Novak Djokovic was tested several times and that the certificates on the test results from December 16, 2021 and December 22, 2021 are valid," the statement said.

Foreign media, including Der Spiegel and the BBC, have reported discrepanciesin the serial numbers of the tests Serbian authorities administered to the top-ranked Djokovic ahead of his trip to Australia, suggesting possible irregularities in the way they were issued.

Comment

You think?

Comment

As expected, the Serbian authorities close ranks to protect their most esteemed citizen. I never expected anything else here and further investigation will be now nigh on impossible. Shame as I would have liked this to be fully exposed for what it is.

Doubts have been cast over the validity of documents the tennis star submitted to enter Australia.
                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7946 users online. 8 members and 7938 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X