Australian Open 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Open 2022

Well, Nick is in a very good, cheeky, dare I say charming mood, in his 1st round match vs Broady. Nick is such a gracious winner. Nick, should he complete this win, will have Medvedev in the next round. Any tournament that is at all interested in doing the right thing, would have that match scheduled on Rod Laver court as Medvedev is the #2 player in the world. We will certainly see. I think there is a significant chance that match will be scheduled on the John Cain court with this tournament. Maybe Alex Hawke can help this tournament make Nick's court assignment.
    Last edited by stroke; 01-18-2022, 01:59 AM.

You beat me to it! Not sure how to delete a thread but I will ask John otherwise.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      You beat me to it! Not sure how to delete a thread but I will ask John otherwise.
      Ha, I just noticed that. Yes maybe JY can. We don't need 2, one is plenty I think. DB not doing it for us got us out of rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Ha, I just noticed that. Yes maybe JY can. We don't need 2, one is plenty I think. DB not doing it for us got us out of rhythm.
        Okay I have sent a PM to John to delete mine. So let's run with your one...
        Stotty

Comment

Kygrios is playing well and looking unbreakable. All he has to do is concentrate and it's all over and into round two. I am warming to the bloke slightly more these days and he does provide entertainment...no question about that.

The commentary is awful over here. So poor you might as well have the sound turned down.
          Stotty

Comment

Show Court Game or Money?

I see Novak's opponent Kecmanovic and the lucky loser were relegated to some obscure court with only a handful of spectators there to watch. It just shows what a box-office opponent can do to your standing in the world. His one and only show court game was whipped from under his feet.

He does however make a further $51,000 on top of the $103,00 he was guaranteed for a first round exit. So that's $51,000 he is very unlikely to have made. His extremely luck loser opponent pockets a much needed $103,00.

I wonder what Kecmanovic would have preferred? A game on Laver against Novak or the extra money?
            Stotty

Comment

Okay I have sent a PM to John to delete mine. So let's run with your one...
              For a minute I thought we might have two threads, Australian being more formal and Aussie being more off the cuff. Or maybe outsider vs insider. No I see both of you were thinking the same thing with different labels.

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

For a minute I thought we might have two threads, Australian being more formal and Aussie being more off the cuff. Or maybe outsider vs insider. No I see both of you were thinking the same thing with different labels.
                It was more a question of stroke publishing his thread 30 seconds before me...
                Stotty

Comment

A good win for Emma Radacanu over Sloane Stephens. It will be interesting to see if Emma can recapture her best form in this tournament. She plays so well yet Sloane was not the easiest first round opponent. I like watching Sloane play because she moves so smoothly and well.
                  Stotty

Comment

Nick vs Medvedev on Rod Laver. Oddsmakers have Med at an 87.7% probability of winning. I guess we all know Nick needs to be serving at his best to really have a decent chance to win.

Comment

What is the line on underhand serves from Nick today? + or - 10? With Medvedev's typical return position my guess is there will be a bunch of them. I am hoping to see Nick compete well, while enjoying playing his brand of tennis.

Comment

It was more a question of stroke publishing his thread 30 seconds before me...
                        Maybe it has to do with connection speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jthb1021 View Post
                          What is the line on underhand serves from Nick today? + or - 10? With Medvedev's typical return position my guess is there will be a bunch of them. I am hoping to see Nick compete well, while enjoying playing his brand of tennis.
                          Nick has added a new annoying wrinkle to his underarm serve routine where he fakes it at times. Very annoying. No one does annoying like Nick. It could be a very interesting match. I can certainly see Medvedev getting annoyed out there in this matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

No one does annoying like Nick..
                            Hah! Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by jthb1021 View Post
                              Yes, you can certainly expect a few underarm serves when he plays Medvedev. Nick is going to have to serve very well to have any hope of winning their match, though it isn't out of the question for him to pull it off. I am just hoping that Nick is feeling competitive and up for it because it will certainly be entertaining if he is.
                              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8604 users online. 12 members and 8592 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X