No announcement yet.

Madrid Open, Masters 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddsmakers have Alcaraz as a slight favorite over Nadal, with an implied probability of 53% of winning. Zverev favorite with an implied probability of 66% of winning vs FAA.

I am a little surprised at those odds on Alcaraz vs Nadal. To me, there is no reason why FAA cannot beat Alex. He has better movement and a better forehand, to me one of the best on tour. Alex does have a better backhand.

Comment

Last Word On Sports: ATP Madrid Day 5 Predictions including Rafael Nadal vs David Goffin.
      It should be an entertaining day of tennis at the ATP Madrid Open, with Rafael Nadal and Stefanos Tsitsipas amongst those in action.

Comment

Alcaraz through the 1st 6 games is hitting the bigger forehands, both from mph's and rpm's(per shotspot). His average forehand has 240 more rpm's than Nadal's. A new gold standard of forehands appears to be here.

Comment

Well, I can only remember 1 other set where someone just completely dominated Nadal on clay,, Fognini one time. Nadal looks shell shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
            https://photos.app.goo.gl/C9fZ1A4fhmTDwiLo9

Well, I can only remember 1 other set where someone just completely dominated Nadal on clay,, Fognini one time. Nadal looks shell shocked.
            Murray did it once also...ironically in Madrid. Novak v Alacaraz is going to be super interesting. I doubt anyone has beaten Rafa and Novak back to back in a long time.
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Murray did it once also...ironically in Madrid. Novak v Alacaraz is going to be super interesting. I doubt anyone has beaten Rafa and Novak back to back in a long time.
              Fed in Hamburg won 10 straight games vs Rafa on clay to win from behind. Not disagreeing....

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Carlos is a slight favorite vs Novak Stef is a solid favorite over Zverev.

Comment

Novak now a slight favorite, odds have shifted as I suppose because of money being placed on Novak. Very unusual. I have a feeling the ankle injury Carlos had yesterday vs Nadal will be an issue in the match.
                  Last edited by stroke; 05-07-2022, 04:45 AM.

Comment

7-6, 1-1

Good match so far. Novak soaking Alcaraz up so far but it ain't easy. Novak played a text book tiebreak...nothing new there.
                    Stotty

Comment

Never thought I would see anyone drop shot as well as McEnroe but Alcaraz is pretty darn close.
                      Stotty

Comment

Just a stunning display by Alvaraz. 35 forehand winners, and his drop shots are top shelf, no doubt. The first player ever to beat Nadal and Novak back to back on clay.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                          https://photos.app.goo.gl/S6ove9LRwdGpnzKQ6

Just a stunning display by Alvaraz. 35 forehand winners, and his drop shots are top shelf, no doubt. The first player ever to beat Nadal and Novak back to back on clay.
                          His style of play is just terrific and his drop slot played a significant part in the first two sets...I missed the third set. It will be an intriguing FO but neither Rafa or Novak are at their best just yet. The best is yet to come.
                          Stotty

Comment

Oddsmakers have Carlos as favorite at 64% implied probability of winning. At this point, one is probably paying a bit of a premium to bet on Alcaraz. Zverev definitely has a shot, if his 2nd serve holds up, or more realistically, he has a very high 1st serve percentage.

Comment

Well this 2022 Madrid Final was the Massacre in Madrid. Alcaraz completely broke down Zverev. So very unusual in today's game of such small margains. I must say it was a disappointing effort by Zverev that he could make no impact in this final. Alcarz basically does everything better it seems other than 1st serve and maybe the backhand. Carlos' forehand of course was the biggest shot on the court, and that is combination with the best drop shots since Fed(at the least), is something.

Comment

Very disappointing final. I was expecting better. You had currently the best backhand (okay Novak's is more stable) in the world versus the best forehand (except for Rafa's)...and the forehand won. I never seen anyone drop shot like Alcaraz. He plays drop shots in a manufactured way...but they is so accurate, and so secure. You are almost surprised when he misses one.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3364 users online. 8 members and 3356 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X