• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly no... just a few groundstroke clips. But it could happen eventually

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Sadly no... just a few groundstroke clips. But it could happen eventually
      No worries, just asking because sometimes I miss video that's in the interactive forum. It seems to me that Fognini is an example of someone who couples perfect body geometry with internal shoulder rotation, but that's only a guess from watching TV.

Comment

• Probably a good guess...

Comment

• Have been rereading your article on the four variations on the two handed backhand. Has one variation become the most dominant? Is there one you would now emphasize in your present teaching thinking?

Comment

• Not really, Ideal would be bent straight or maybe straight straight. I just try to get the grips right and the turn and the extension and then see on video what the arm structure is and tweak if necessary. Brian Gordon would go for bent straight from the beginning. though.

Comment

• Hi John

I may finally have usable footage for the 'Tsitsipas forehand' thread. Shot on an iPhone 6, they appear to have .MOV extensions.

My ancient hardware can`t edit them, but I did a Wetransfer to a machine that had iMovie. I'm new to video editing and ran out of time to produce anything. At one point you were recommending the upgrade to Quick Time, but my graphics card is...256MB. Is enhanced Q-Time still available and would it work on a machine as old as mine?

There are 2 files, each about 450MB, quite a few forehands in each. I'm guessing this is too big to post in their entirety.

regards
              Rob

(A version of this message was sent via a DM, but I don't know if you read those. In any case I'm guessing you have been very busy - it being that time of the month).

Comment

• You should be able to import those .movs directly into imovie. You can then edit them down to post. If you send me an email I can have someone help you with the post if you need it. jyandell@tennsplayer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                  You should be able to import those .movs directly into imovie. You can then edit them down to post. If you send me an email I can have someone help you with the post if you need it. jyandell@tennsplayer.net
                  Thanks John.

I'll have another go when I get access to a machine with imovie on it.

regards
                  Rob

Comment

• Keep us posted. You could also upload them to a drop box we could give you.

Comment

• Hi John,

sent an email a couple of weeks ago (to jyandell@tennisplayer.net) but it seems to have gone missing. What do I need to do to get a video into a post? Clicking 'insert video' requires a url link but you mentioned in the Tsitsipas thread you preferred just to have iphone files and could let me know what to do with them, and also the possibility of uploading using Drop Box was mentioned above.

regards
                      Rob

Comment

• Huh. Try videotennis@metricmail.com What email did it come from?

Comment

• Just tried sending another mail to the metricmail address. It's from a yahoo address, so shouldn't be triggering spam filters...

Comment

• Got it! Responded!

Comment

• Did you purposefully switch back to real articles? I HATED the videos and complained a lot about them. I love the articles with embedded videos and want to thank you for putting them in this format. It makes it much easier to skim and to go back to them later.

In any case, just curious if others complained or what might have led to this GREAT change back to what works really well.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Arturo,
                                You are the only complaintent. I just think depending on the article one format or the other works better.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2561 users online. 4 members and 2557 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X