Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Developing an ATP Style Forehand: Pull, Flip, and Roll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip or not?

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
    I've always flipped..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBvWtUYk_4

Why am I the only one showing my strokes???
    Ignore the comment by another observer. Not sure what he meant. I'm sure you are flipping. But I can download later and analyze frame by frame. You do use a narrow stance and lose power due to the left arm out. Otherwise good flip!

Doug

Comment

Classical

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
      Looks classical…no modern flips for you? But it's a very smooth classical stroke.

Best,
      Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DougEng View Post
        Ignore the comment by another observer. Not sure what he meant. I'm sure you are flipping. But I can download later and analyze frame by frame. You do use a narrow stance and lose power due to the left arm out. Otherwise good flip!

Doug
        Not so sure the "observer" should be ignored. But alas, it is a nice stroke.
        Last edited by 10splayer; 05-22-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Let me clarify:

He is already laying his hand back prior to the pull which, if I understand correctly, prematurely stretches the wrist flexors and inhibits the stretch Shortening cycle from reaching full potential. If he kept his palm facing downward longer prior to pulling he would get a more rapid stretch and constriction giving more racquet head speed. If am wrong please explain and educate me instead of calling for me to be ignored.
          Last edited by sfrazeur; 05-22-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfrazeur View Post
            Let me clarify:

He is already laying his hand back prior to the pull which, if I understand correctly, prematurely stretches the wrist flexors and inhibits the stretch Shortening cycle from reaching full potential. If he kept his palm facing downward longer prior to pulling he would get a more rapid stretch and constriction giving more racquet head speed. If am wrong please explain and educate me instead of calling for me to be ignored.
            As 10splayer said, you should not be ignored. If one holds the pronated shoulder/forearm position prior to the pull, the pull combined with the supination to pronation will maximize the flip.
            Last edited by stroke; 05-23-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3763 users online. 3 members and 3760 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X