Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    I really don't have a problem separating Tilden the tennis player from Tilden the ephebophile. Tilden was a great tennis player who had a pathetic private life. Most people recognise that.

You cannot delete someone from history simply because you view them badly. It's probably counter productive and a mistake to to so.

At the end of the day sex is a drive. Better to try and understand the root causes of such a drive in someone like Tilden (and others like him) than to delete him and pretend he never existed.
    Really?

A private life is wife and family.

However, when you rape little boys, thats not private. That is a danger to society. You need to notify people of the danger. What happens when you glorify Tilden is you make it okay for tennis coaches to act in the same manner he did (and trust me, these guys are sick, they'd read what you write and think what they are doing is okay because they are great tennis players - coaches).

And yes, every other sport has deleted their child rapists from the record books.

Tennis should do the same.

You know, I will say it again, if I posted comments supporting a child rapist I would have my coaching certifications pulled so quickly it would not be funny.

You guys are playing by some different rules in tennis.

I ask myself one question here -- who wants to deal with anyone who supports a child rapist?

Comment

Sublime...

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      Maintaining Pressure on Your Opponent Roger Federer Style

Roger Federer versus Andy Murray semifinals...

Roger Federer versus Novak Djokovic finals...

The tennis was sublime.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

The tennis was sublime.
        Yah, your right, so how about we stick to the tennis and you forget your little Bill Tilden obsession. Maybe tennis warehouse supports child abusers? Trust me precocious world class players don't follow a single thing Tilden says as its dumb, and wouldn't work with the way the game has evolved since 1930. Also, I'm sure Roger wouldn't want Bill Tilden around his kids either, or for his legacy to be attached to such a reprehensible molestor of children. Its just a lucky guess. It'd be great don_budge if you'd stop trolling the board and writing about this wacked out tennis bum (Tilden) who gave the sport a bad name and held it back with his nonsensical rantings about how the sport should be played (which are so out of left field).
        Last edited by hockeyscout; 08-26-2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

The Book...

The tennis was sublime.
          Roger played it by the book.
          don_budge

Comment

Unfortunately, after Roger (and Stan), Switzerland has no male successor on the horizon. (Bencic is looking good in female tennis, and might go very far...). A symptom is that despite pride in Roger's successes, a number of tennis clubs are closing down in Switzerland.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
              Unfortunately, after Roger (and Stan), Switzerland has no male successor on the horizon. (Bencic is looking good in female tennis, and might go very far...). A symptom is that despite pride in Roger's successes, a number of tennis clubs are closing down in Switzerland.
              Its a real amazing phenomenon in tennis. You get a world class player, and a hotspot isn't immediately created!

Comment

Switzerland has many other highlights other than three world class tennis players

With the success of Roger and Stan and the potential of Bencic on the women's side you'd think the Swiss would be sprouting players left and right.

The Swiss Miss Martina Hingis did pretty well in her young career during the 90's and early 2000's. Perhaps that sparked some interest but no where near what it should have.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                  Switzerland has many other highlights other than three world class tennis players

With the success of Roger and Stan and the potential of Bencic on the women's side you'd think the Swiss would be sprouting players left and right.

The Swiss Miss Martina Hingis did pretty well in her young career during the 90's and early 2000's. Perhaps that sparked some interest but no where near what it should have.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Murray's success has done little to boost tennis in Britain. Over here traditional sports are getting overrun by "newer" sports...or activities as I call them. Boot camp fitness training is popular here, as is cage fighting, and different versions of cycling have emerged and seem to be a hit with many. Skate boarding and roller skating are also making a comeback lately. These are all nibbling away at tennis.

Tennis and other traditional sports take time and effort to become good at. Some of these newer sports require less of a learning curve.

I wonder if tennis will still be around on a global scale 80 years from now?
                  Stotty

Comment

Murray's success has done little to boost tennis in Britain. Over here traditional sports are getting overrun by "newer" sports...or activities as I call them. Boot camp fitness training is popular here, as is cage fighting, and different versions of cycling have emerged and seem to be a hit with many. Skate boarding and roller skating are also making a comeback lately. These are all nibbling away at tennis.

Tennis and other traditional sports take time and effort to become good at. Some of these newer sports require less of a learning curve.

I wonder if tennis will still be around on a global scale 80 years from now?
                    My nine year old daughter is the top ranked MMA fighter in the country, and its a bigger learning curve than tennis. The learning curve is SO steep.
                    Last edited by hockeyscout; 08-26-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

And just to expand on that thought a bit.

MMA requires so much knowledge, and you've got to be versatile in a wide range of disiplines. I had a few of the local tennis coaches step into the ring with me a couple of months ago, and the remark I got from them was they could not believe how uncoordinated, un-athletic and ignorant they were when they had to go head to head against me. There takeaway was they had to start hitting the ball less, and start working more on athletic setups, small muscle groups and all of the elements we place value in. I took it easy on them, and didn't try and hurt them. I am 42, 6'4, 225, seven percent body fat, train six hours a day (I love the gym), so I don't have that tennis player body, but still, I was way quicker, stronger and flexible as that is just what I focus on in my life (my food, and my fitness, 1 and 2, and everything else falls into place after that).

There is big time crossover between MMA, and the other sports, and the level of coaching in this sport is at such a high level right now and above other sports. I learned a lot from one MMA fighter who told me about the stuff they are doing in China (he goes to development camps over their), and what they are doing with diet and neurological pathway development.

Their tennis students as a whole are generally adverse to doing what we do because someone always ends up with a black eye, and a bloody nose. A few tennis player have come train with us on the mats, and it generally does not go well for them as its punishing and the experience, fitness factor and downright physical nature of the sport is a shock to their system.

To be successful in MMA you have to know footwork, Jeet Kune Do, Judo, Sanda, Greco Roman Wrestling and many more disciplines, so trust me, its complex. Take a good fighter who has been professional set up, and the transition is very easy to the tennis ranks because a good MMA expert is adaptable to any sport, and understands how to generate power from any athletic position. Actually, MMA translates well into any sport, and it is the wave of the future. I think if you want to develop a world class athlete its a necessity personally.

I am a firm believer in kids being three sports athletes, and that is something tennis needs to do with these kids, turn them over to coaches in other sports to build up functional athleticism right from the ground up.
                      Last edited by hockeyscout; 08-26-2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Me neither…it's absolutely no problem

I really don't have a problem separating Tilden the tennis player from Tilden the ephebophile. Tilden was a great tennis player who had a pathetic private life. Most people recognise that.

You cannot delete someone from history simply because you view them badly. It's probably counter productive and a mistake to to so.
                        Thank you my friend for a fair and objective statement. Most reasonable people do in fact recognize this. The key operative word…reasonable. Certainly the author of this article articulates that ability or capacity to "recognize".

Like many tragic sports figures, "the fault lay not in the stars but in himself" for tennis legend William “Bill” Tilden...

I will continue to reference William T. Tilden III in my tennis writings. This website contains not only articles by Tilden but videos as well. The talk, ranting and accusations may as well be directed at John Yandell. It's a pathetic discussion but when considering the source it is understandable.

There have been some rather wild insinuations made…it isn't the first time either. Some souls are not to be reasoned with. I won't respond to the sources to dignify their wild imaginations…and exaggerations of the reality of things.

Just one example…"Guys like you insured that so many children were raped by the priests". There is absolutely zero reality in a statement like this. This is the gist of the rants. I guess somehow this statement finds itself within the forum guidelines.

Children are being exploited around the world as we speak. It's a business and an industry. There are very powerful people involved…again it's connections. If you really have the passion to chase the culprits…get busy and get out there. This man is dead and buried for many years. You are beating a dead horse and obfuscating the issue. Somehow the rants serve an interest…God only knows what that is.
                        Last edited by don_budge; 08-26-2015, 11:54 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                        don_budge

Comment

Don_Budge, question for you.

Hypothetical, of course, as you do not have children. If a 30 year old man had sex with your underage daughter - son, what would you think about that one? Give me a break with your justifications of Tilden, really.

Like I said, if I supported, endorsed or commended Graham James (a sick, perverted hockey coach who screwed little boys) like you support Tilden, I would have my coaching license pulled.

That is just a hard fact. Its simple. And, reasonable, fair, and objective.

The NHL pulled Graham James coach of the year awards, and they even pulled Allan Eagleson from the Hall of Fame credentials when they found out he screwed players over insurance payouts.

Don't try and paint me as a guy who can't be reasoned because I do not support rapists and molesters.

I remember once when I was working at a camp, and after the event a coach set up a room to talk to players, and had one on one meetings in private with the door closed. He was fired on the spot, and was blackballed from coaching.

I know another coach who had players over in his hot-tub at his house. Fired, blackballed, he even hired lawyers to sue the associations, won, and then no one would play for him (smart parents). He tried to go abroad and coach overseas in Europe, however, the association put pressure on the Czech Federation and he was let go.

Rightfully so I might add, in both cases.

Complete and utter dumb-asses.

Comment

nO reasoning with tilden lovers. They don't care about the victims at all. It's called a fan-atic. He should not be on this site at all, but JY does what he wants. Not my site. Be sure to tell all your students his rape conviction and child molesting history, before they find out on their own!

It brings us to an interesting place: light vs. dark energy, used by coaches and players as emotional and physical fuel. (Not the same thing.) I could write a whole book on this single issue. It's the dark side vs. the force. And we see fans supporting men in power no matter how many children they destroy. That very support is evil. Many of these victims when asked, would kill the mother to stop the birth of the molester. HE WAS AN EVIL CHILD MOLESTER Any such man should be ripped from history. One can only hope that when they do find out, you lose clients and money and reputation over it. Or perhaps that someone will publicize your support of him.
                            Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 08-28-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Athens, i.e., the golden age of Greece-- gone. But Sparta preserved in history for treating its women better. But what did that get Sparta other than fat and happy women? No Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, no art, music or plays in fact no nuthin. Those Athenians did like young boys.

So-- tear down the Berlin wall, Mr. Gorbachev, but put up much bigger Chinese and Mexican walls that the Chinese and Mexicans pay for themselves.

And kill all intellectuals, especially any that exist in tennis. And tear down the Parthenon. And smash sculptured faces in Rome and Syria too. And extirpate Athens from all memory.
                              Last edited by bottle; 08-28-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Well bottle, the Aztecs had a wonderful culture. They were also cannibals and indulged in human sacrifice.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2332 users online. 6 members and 2326 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X