Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Time Tennis…Big Time Wrestling…Presidential Elections

Originally posted by klacr View Post
    Never ease up! If Novak wants to hit and giggle, he can play after the match. Time to put his foot down and press the gas even harder. Stop the bleeding and cause more bleeding. It's the only thing that will make tennis players understand how they can't play against Novak. If Andy makes a match of this, the tennis community will still believe that staying on the baseline and rallying has a chance against Novak, which they don't. It's good for tennis if Novak destroys Andy, then and only then might they realize that a new style, a new game is what it will take, because staying on baseline and getting it back just ain't cutting it. Tennis needs to wake up. Not gonna beat a guy playing the same way as he does if he is better at you in all those categories.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Big Time Tennis…Big Time Wrestling…Presidential Elections. Connect the dots. The three little dots. Ferdinand Celine's biggest contribution to humanity…the ability to use three little dots to connect the dots.

With the recent revelations about match fixing in tennis we can probably assume that this is the tip of the iceberg. These rumours surfacing in a sport that still wants us to believe that it is clean. Novak might just well beat Andy 6-0, 6-1, 6-0. The "smart" money knows that wouldn't be good for tennis.

Novak is running with fast company these days…within the hierarchy of tennis. He has Boris Becker in his corner who is another malleable fellow. He's reasonable…he knows who butters his bread.

Pedal to the metal Novak! Put this screaming, whining brat to sleep. Make him wish his Mommy never had him. That's what I say. But watch…even now Novak is easing up. The fix is in…the show must go on. Without waking up the audience. Afterall…they have bought into it so far. Why on earth would you wake them up?

Look at the "Presidential Elections". Do you see anything "Presidential" about that? I've got the sound off…I cannot stand the way the commentatoes are hyping this tripe. It's Pearl Jam all of the way. I don't need to hear the banal conversation that passes for journalism these days and that goes all of the way to the comments in this stupid tennis match.
    Last edited by don_budge; 01-31-2016, 02:05 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Never saw anyone who drops his jaw as much as murray. Reminds me of an emu...

Comment

• Serena…the big Question Mark???

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        Big Time Tennis…Big Time Wrestling…Presidential Elections.

The fix is in…the show must go on. Without waking up the audience. Afterall…they have bought into it so far. Why on earth would you wake them up?
        Come to think of it…that was quite an upset yesterday in the woman's final wasn't it? But they wouldn't be so audacious to…would they?

What were the odds on Kerber by the way?
        don_budge

Comment

• Djokovic is playing, Murray is battling. Djokovic does not look worn, tired, frustrated. Murray looks like all of those things. Murray putting in serious time with his service games. Djokovic, not so much. Everything Murray does is pressured by Djokovic. But its still boring.

A little less conversation, a little more action please.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

• Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
            Amazing win for Kerber. A number pundits have put Serena's loss to her unforced errors. I didn't see the match live as I had to work but, watching the replay, I think Kerber played really well. She was aggressive but also defended extremely well. She stuck to her tactics throughout - a must when playing someone with superior firepower.

I think Serena did make some terrible errors. But the occasion got to her. I know it is going to sound ridiculous but I really don't think she is a great match player. She wins most of the time because she is streets ahead of everyone else. But if someone can muster the game to keep things tight, and have belief, this is what can happen on the really big occasions. Serena gets really, really tight.

A nerveless performance from Kerber...thoroughly deserved to win.
            The pundits who say that are irritating and simply don't get it.

Comment

• Djokovic wins 6th Aussie Open title.

Murray 0-5 in Aussie Open finals

Net Points won
              Djokovic 11/14 (79 %)

Murray 22/34 (65 %)

Djokovic gets his 11th career grand slam title and ties Rod Laver and Bjorn Borg. Ties Roy Emerson with 6 grand slam titles.

Djokovic has won 34 of his last 35 grand slam matches.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton
              Last edited by klacr; 01-31-2016, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by klacr View Post
                Djokovic wins 6th Aussie Open title.

Murray 0-5 in Aussie Open finals

Net Points won
                Djokovic 11/14 (79 %)

Murray 22/34 (65 %)

Djokovic gets his 11th career grand slam title and ties Rod Laver and Bjorn Borg. Ties Roy Emerson with 6 grand slam titles.

Djokovic has won 34 of his last 35 grand slam matches.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton
                furthermore, Murray won only 56% of his service points. Just think if he won 61% of his total service points by coming in on half of his service points! And he has the volleying skills to do that.

don

Comment

Djokovic gets his 11th career grand slam title and ties Rod Laver and Bjorn Borg.
                  Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton
                  Steady on Klacr. Borg had won his 11 by the age of 25...and he amassed those without even playing the Australian. Rod was absent for six years playing on the pro tour before becoming eligible again.

The Grand Slam tally is only valid from around the mid 80s onwards....

I haven't seen the final yet. Had to work all morning in cold drizzle...most unpleasant. I actually thought Murray had a chance. He is much better in the forecourt than Djokovic and I thought he might be able to make a difference by playing really aggressive and taking some risks. Looking at the stats Klacr posted, that didn't happen too much.

It looks like Djokovic has Federer, Nadal and Murray in his back pocket. He will likely finish his career with superior head-to-head records against all of them.
                  Last edited by stotty; 01-31-2016, 06:52 AM.
                  Stotty

Comment

• Nadal...bottom of the list

Rafael Nadal has the dubious distinction of winning the "Wooden Spoon" Award. For those not familiar with this, it goes to a player who lost first round to a player who then loses 2nd round to someone who then loses 3rd round and so on and so on. Here it is...

Nadal lost to Verdasco 1st Round
                    Verdasco lost to Sela 2nd Round
                    Sela lost to Kuznetsov 3rd Round
                    Kuznetsov lost to Monfils 4th Round
                    Monfils lost to Raonic Quarters
                    Raonic lost to Murray Semis
                    Murray lost to Djokovic

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton

Comment

• Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
                      furthermore, Murray won only 56% of his service points. Just think if he won 61% of his total service points by coming in on half of his service points! And he has the volleying skills to do that.

don
                      Don't get me started on that one Don
                      Murray clearly lost the tape of his match vs. Djokovic in Montreal last year. Should have watched that.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

• Close Call?

Uh oh…it's 5-0 Djokovic. Please don't quit Andy. Not in front of the world. Maybe Novak wilt ease up on the peddle to make it look like something.
                        Big Time Tennis…Big Time Wrestling…Presidential Elections. Connect the dots. The three little dots. Ferdinand Celine's biggest contribution to humanity…the ability to use three little dots to connect the dots.

With the recent revelations about match fixing in tennis we can probably assume that this is the tip of the iceberg. These rumours surfacing in a sport that still wants us to believe that it is clean. Novak might just well beat Andy 6-0, 6-1, 6-0. The "smart" money knows that wouldn't be good for tennis.

Novak is running with fast company these days…within the hierarchy of tennis. He has Boris Becker in his corner who is another malleable fellow. He's reasonable…he knows who butters his bread.

Pedal to the metal Novak! Put this screaming, whining brat to sleep. Make him wish his Mommy never had him. That's what I say. But watch…even now Novak is easing up. The fix is in…the show must go on. Without waking up the audience. Afterall…they have bought into it so far. Why on earth would you wake them up?

Look at the "Presidential Elections". Do you see anything "Presidential" about that? I've got the sound off…I cannot stand the way the commentatoes are hyping this tripe. It's Pearl Jam all of the way. I don't need to hear the banal conversation that passes for journalism these days and that goes all of the way to the comments in this stupid tennis match.
                        When I was home in the States over the holidays I told my father…"your vote doesn't count". The elections get stranger every year. My father didn't like that.

He eased up. Right when I said that he would.
                        Last edited by don_budge; 01-31-2016, 11:04 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                        don_budge

Comment

Steady on Klacr. Borg had won his 11 by the age of 25...and he amassed those without even playing the Australian. Rod was absent for six years playing on the pro tour before becoming eligible again.

The Grand Slam tally is only valid from around the mid 80s onwards....

I haven't seen the final yet. Had to work all morning in cold drizzle...most unpleasant. I actually thought Murray had a chance. He is much better in the forecourt than Djokovic and I thought he might be able to make a difference by playing really aggressive and taking some risks. Looking at the stats Klacr posted, that didn't happen too much.

It looks like Djokovic has Federer, Nadal and Murray in his back pocket. He will likely finish his career with superior head-to-head records against all of them.
                          Not saying Djokovic is superior to Laver or Borg in any way, merely saying he has the same number of grand slam titles. Just stating facts.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                          Boca Raton

Comment

Not saying Djokovic is superior to Laver or Borg in any way, merely saying he has the same number of grand slam titles. Just stating facts.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Boca Raton
                            Facts can be dangerous without the full story...
                            Stotty

Comment

Facts can be dangerous without the full story...
                              Fair enough.
                              But not Djokovic's fault with Borg quitting or the surfaces or his opposition. Djokovic is only handling what the current environment provides him. And he's doing a damn good job handling it. I'm more on your side of the fence as well when it comes to this, but we can both agree that what Djokovic is doing these days is pretty damn impressive.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton

Comment

• Djokovic v Murray

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                                Fair enough.
                                But not Djokovic's fault with Borg quitting or the surfaces or his opposition. Djokovic is only handling what the current environment provides him. And he's doing a damn good job handling it. I'm more on your side of the fence as well when it comes to this, but we can both agree that what Djokovic is doing these days is pretty damn impressive.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                                Boca Raton
                                I just finished watching the match on replay because I was working this morning. It wasn't a great game. Murray's forehand broke down at ALL the key moments. I think Novak's forehand has actually got better. It's a raking shot at times, particularly his cross court forehand.

I thought Novak won comfortably and looked well within himself. His first serve was so solid towards the end of the third set and in the tie-break.

I think he has become a better match player. In the big matches, he doesn't play those odd irrational shots he used to. The way he has learned to control matches reminds very much of Federer, actually. I guess that comes with playing match after match and dealing with scenario after scenario. He never panics anymore...a little nervous at times maybe...but any panic has gone. The five setter he won at Wimbledon against Roger a few years ago stood him in very good stead - there has been a marked improvement since then, more belief, more conviction.

I think Rusedski is right when he said (something our very own don_budge, too, has alluded many times) that a single or a couple tactics won't beat Djokovic. It's going to take a variety of tactics and shots employed throughout a match when given situations arise. An overall plan, yes...but other "as and when" tactics are likely just as critical.

Djokovic's team are way more insightful than Murray's. They have worked out how to break down Murray's forehand....not to mention Murray himself. Murray's coaching team have no solutions and are out of there depth. Time for them to hold their hands up and quit.

Federer might want to switch coaching staff already. Tactically, his semi with Novak seemed a disaster. Nothing new was tried...

Jack Kramer took Lew Hoad out of the game for 6 months to work on his technical and tactical shortcomings so that he could challenge Gonzales. Federer and Murray are faced with similar shortcomings when they play Djokovic. You wonder if Federer could practice incessantly at the net that he might become as comfortable in the forecourt as he was aged 22...or even better. I wonder if the coaches of Murray and Federer would have the gumption to do the same as Kramer. Both players are dead in the water if they don't. Djokovic has them both by the balls right now.
                                Last edited by stotty; 02-01-2016, 06:45 AM.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8048 users online. 6 members and 8042 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X