Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Comment

I am now starting to get a little worried. No reply from don_budge via email or mobile.

don_budge has been a good friend of mine on the forum for eight years...maybe more....time flies. I have contacted him personally by email many times over the years and never once did he not reply, and usually within a day. He has taken a breather from the forum a couple of times before but quickly replied to my emails when I asked if everything was ok. So, yes, I am now getting concerned.

I have ideas how I might be able to find out if anything has happened. On Monday I will set to work. I will post when I know something.
      Stotty

Comment

Stotty, Did you ever have his home address? Any way to get it? If you have it, maybe wih an internet phone directory you can find a neighbor and ask if they know anything.
        Last edited by gzhpcu; 05-19-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
          I am now starting to get a little worried. No reply from don_budge via email or mobile.

don_budge has been a good friend of mine on the forum for eight years...maybe more....time flies. I have contacted him personally by email many times over the years and never once did he not reply, and usually within a day. He has taken a breather from the forum a couple of times before but quickly replied to my emails when I asked if everything was ok. So, yes, I am now getting concerned.

I have ideas how I might be able to find out if anything has happened. On Monday I will set to work. I will post when I know something.
          Thanks Stotty.
          I too have corresponded with him off the forum through email in the past. I am optimistic but each day that passes makes me more concerned. the link is the last message from his club about him.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton
          Last edited by klacr; 05-20-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

I have all the info and have contacted the club already. I had a polite reply and a promise they would try to contact him. I will phone the club again on Monday. It could be that don_budge has decided to walk away from the forum and may not have logged in since to see our concern. But you cannot post every day for 8 years and then expect no one to spot you are missing!

My main concern, like all of you, is that he is okay and in good health. I would like to help if something is wrong.

I will get to it on Monday and Tuesday. I have a mammoth day of coaching today so cannot do anything until then. I won't even get to see the Rome final today so stroke will have to keep informed on that one with his post match analysis.
            Stotty

Comment

be glad to Stotty

Comment

1st set was vintage cut and paste Nadal, 6-1. 2nd set, to Zverev's credit, he kept his composure, started playing like he is capable of, and is up 4-0. As we have seen, he has a Djokovic style game, so solid off both sides, but he hits a bigger ball to me.

Comment

Zverev wins 2nd set 6-1 and Nadal did not do a Fabio. I don't remember ever seeing Nadal lose a set like that on clay. 3rd will be very very interesting, Zverev hits a very big ball and he hurt Nadal. When he plays like that, one can see that Nadal is not in his mid 20's anymore. Even more revealing to me, Zverev did not look like he was red lining his game in the 2nd. He just looked very comfortable. And his serve, particularly his 1st, is a much bigger weapon than Novak has ever had,
                  Last edited by stroke; 05-20-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

more testing for Zverev. He is up 3-1 in 3rd, really hurting Nadal, and there is now a rain delay

Comment

Could don_budge have gone on vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                        Could don_budge have gone on vacation?
                        He could but it would be a long vacation by now and without picking up emails or text.

The strange thing is his last activity under his user name was on 13 May, which was only a week ago. Can someone else check that out in case I am not understanding it right? - I'm not the most techie guy on the forum.
                        Stotty

Comment

Yes, seems like hw was actve last 13 May...

Comment

He wrote me a note on 05-05-2018 ... we chatted a bit about golf and he mentioned he was headed to Finland this month to pick up a wolf dog.

Comment

don_budge is ok! Better than ok, he is great.
                              Spoke with him via email early this morning. I won't go into detail of the email as much of it was of a private matter. He is humbled that many of us have asked and grown concerned about his whereabouts. He sends his regards to all.

One new development I can share...he is becoming a big fan of the young Greek player Stefanos Tsitsipas.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton

Comment

Okay, I have managed to ascertain through don_budge's former place of work that he is fine and in good health. So nothing to worry about on that front. A former colleague said he is scheduled to be away for while but said she didn't know any specific details.

Anyway, the main thing is there is no cause for concern.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7747 users online. 7 members and 7740 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X