• Show
Clear All

Great news!

Comment

Whew....

Comment

Thanks Stotty

Comment

I miss don_budge’s posts. Forum is not he same.

Comment

Come back, little Sheba!

(https://www.google.com/search?q=come...hrome&ie=UTF-8)
            Last edited by bottle; 06-03-2018, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Comment

What is this little Sheba business???

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                  What is this little Sheba business???
                  I guess it's about the human mind fastening upon something that it ought to let go. Like 10splayer's recent and explicit declaration of trolldom against me for ever sparring with his bosom pal don_budge. To those of you who know don_budge as a fine fellow (as I once did), I can only say, "You didn't fully experience the Mr. Hyde part of don_budge the way I did. If you did, you might not be so eager to have him back."

Me, I hope he never comes back. At a certain point I decided he was irredeemable. It was precisely when, after his public and private apologies to me, he proceeded with his exact same destructive and aberrant behavior.

It was just "get Bottle." There was no substance or illumination to it. There were the repeated posts (with no change whatsoever he re-tweeted the exact same words if he sniffed that I didn't like them, even six or seven times). And the repeated emphasis on calling me obscene names as if there was greatness and glory in that.

Am I supposed to like being called "a piece of shit," "a scumbag," "a bigot," and much more? No thanks. I refuse to accept it. Mr. don_budge and Mr 10splayer are the ones who brought the forum's level down and Mr. 10splayer continues the practice.

My own personal theory is that they knew in their hearts that such opprobrium should be directed at Donald Trump and not at some harmless guy in the forum. They transferred it, in other words from Trump to me.

"Oh bottle, you yourself did this...and this," someone will correctly point out.

The new fiction editor at Little Brown told me in my twenties that some people would intensely like my work while others would despise it. (He even quit his job.) And I might as well get used to this because most likely the situation would never change.
                  Last edited by bottle; 06-08-2018, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post

I guess it's about the human mind fastening upon something that it ought to let go. Like 10splayer's recent and explicit declaration of trolldom against me for ever sparring with his bosom pal don_budge. To those of you who know don_budge as a fine fellow (as I once did), I can only say, "You didn't fully experience the Mr. Hyde part of don_budge the way I did. If you did, you might not be so eager to have him back."

Me, I hope he never comes back. At a certain point I decided he was irredeemable. It was precisely when, after his public and private apologies to me, he proceeded with his exact same destructive and aberrant behavior.

It was just "get Bottle." There was no substance or illumination to it. There were the repeated posts (with no change whatsoever he re-tweeted the exact same words if he sniffed that I didn't like them, even six or seven times). And the repeated emphasis on calling me obscene names as if there was greatness and glory in that.

Am I supposed to like being called "a piece of shit," "a scumbag," "a bigot," and much more? No thanks. I refuse to accept it. Mr. don_budge and Mr 10splayer are the ones who brought the forum's level down and Mr. 10splayer continues the practice.

My own personal theory is that they knew in their hearts that such opprobrium should be directed at Donald Trump and not at some harmless guy in the forum. They transferred it, in other words from Trump to me.

"Oh bottle, you yourself did this...and this," someone will correctly point out.

The new fiction editor at Little Brown told me in my twenties that some people would intensely like my work while others would despise it. (He even quit his job.) And I might as well get used to this because most likely the situation would never change.
                    gzhpcu,

*hashtag* Bottle will continue to post us into a catatonic state. He has ruined this forum, not that he would have the self awareness to know this.
                    Last edited by 10splayer; 06-08-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

gzhpcu,

*hashtag* Bottle will continue to post us into a catatonic state. He has ruined this forum, not that he would have the self awareness to know this.
                      bottle is an epic loser at a level that is simply mind boggling. He is at this level to an extent that he is better at it than Rafa is on clay. I posted this some time ago and db expounded on it very astutely as its implications appeared lost on bottle. I blocked bottle some time ago as I could not bare to see any more of his posts on that cluster of a thread of his on the new serve, the twilight zone of all threads. I have often wished that jy would simply evict him from the tennisplayer community.
                      Last edited by stroke; 06-09-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

bottle is an epic loser at a level that is simply mind boggling. He is at this level to an extent that he is better at it than Rafa is on clay. I posted this some time ago and db expounded on it very astutely as its implications appeared lost on bottle. I blocked bottle some time ago as I could not bare to see any more of his posts on that cluster of a thread of his on the new serve, the twilight zone of all threads. I have often wished that jy would simply evict him from the tennisplayer community.
                        Yes, I remember you as someone with a lifelong antipathy toward the likes of me. It's good! Allows you to be punk! And punk is cool!!!!

But I have an easier solution in mind than what you proposed and failed to carry out. Just don't read me. That allows me to remain in the forum for those who get something out of my stuff.

And to bring you up to date: A New Year's Serve is about forehands right now, not serves. I know that's hard for a person with a literal turn of mind such as yourself to grasp. Just think of the word "serve" as being cardinal, like a high position in a church. And let the cardinal represent other church-like things.
                        Last edited by bottle; 06-09-2018, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Don_budge, one of the prolific posters has not posted in quite some time. Hope you are OK friend.
                          Thanks Phil...quite ok. I had to see a woman about a dog. I'm back now. Just in time for Roger Federer to resume playing. Hmmm...where should I start?
                          don_budge
                          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Told you-all I could do it.

Comment

Welcome back.
                                Thanks again!
                                don_budge
                                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7636 users online. 5 members and 7631 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X