• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottle
    replied
    Originally posted by ferli001 View Post

The word was "genetics".
    Thank you very much for taking my question seriously, ferli001. It could be very important to get every word right once one is immersed in the complexity of service technique.

And the role and limit of genetics should never be undervalued.

Note: This discussion certainly is not about me. But in possible self-defense, if it is needed, I wasn't complaining about some sound system which pretty much was fine but one word now understood.

"Genetics," of course. Should have heard it the first time.
    Last edited by bottle; 02-02-2019, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    The disturbance is really minimal...

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yep as I explained somehow Brian's mic got unplugged and we had to go with the audio the camera mic picked up.

Leave a comment:

• ferli001
    replied
    Originally posted by bottle View Post
    Yes, the information in the "probation" video is so good that it is exciting all by itself; but, I understand more than perfectly, it's whether the student (I in my case) can do it with the 40 mph of extra result.

This video will immediately affect whatever I am doing even in my Segura influenced imitation.

One word I didn't get, at 1:48: "The stopping point is their gymnatics, not their stroke mechanics? Pneumatics? Romantics? Systemics? Programmatics? Match results? Happiness? I've tried to decipher this word twenty times in advance of don_budge's transcript. Can anyone help?

This muffed or electronically swallowed or just uncomprehended word is my only criticism of this wonderful clip.
    The word was "genetics".

Leave a comment:

• postpre
    replied
    Brian (and others),

Among elite servers there appears to be variances in racquet head alignment at the "Up-Top" position. Brian modeled the Federer style where strings are facing the right side fence. Some of the biggest servers such as Roddick, Raonic, Sock, etc., have their racquet head facing more toward the net (a bit of supination) at the hesitation point (if they have one) before the leg drive. How important is it for the racquet head to be facing a specific direction at the Up-Top position?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bottle
    replied
    Yes, the perspective and information in the "probation" video is so good that it is exciting all by itself; but, I understand more than perfectly, it's whether the student (I in my case) can do it with the 40 mph of extra result.

This video will immediately affect whatever I am doing even in my Segura influenced imitation.

One word I didn't get, at 1:48: "The stopping point is their gymnatics, not their stroke mechanics? Pneumatics? Romantics? Systemics? Programmatics? Match results? Happiness? I've tried to decipher this word twenty times in advance of don_budge's transcript. Can anyone help?

This muffed or electronically swallowed or just uncomprehended word is my only criticism of this wonderful clip.
    Last edited by bottle; 02-02-2019, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    Like Agassi did here?

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    Really makes a lot of sense Brian. Your video series on the serve is priceless!

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic The Serve: Probation!

The Serve: Probation!

Your thoughts on Brian Gordon's "The Serve: Probation!"?

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7790 users online. 4 members and 7786 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X