No announcement yet.

Heart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, considering the operation, am doing pretty well. When rehab starts tomorrow, hope for accelerated recovery. Feel fine in any case. Just my sternum will take a bit more time to heal. Quite a long cut down the middle of my torso. Scar has healed well. Thanks for caring.

Comment

Ok...now the recovery. The rehabilitation. My father had a series of health issues and the last was quite serious. When I returned to Europe I was wondering if it was the last time I should see him. But he surprised me. He amazed me. I learn to honour and respect him more and more in his old age and in retrospect learn of his awesome character throughout his life. I asked him all of the time...where are you in terms of your recovery? Are you at sixty? Seventy? Referring to a rough percentage of health before he underwent his difficulties to establish a line in terms of his recovery. Just curious where you estimate yourself to be. Happy and proud of you...as a friend. A partner here on the forum. WE go way back as you were one of the first to interact with don_budge!

I always think of your situation when thinking of my own. We are all in relative positions and in my case I am embarking on a prehabilitation journey of my own. In my case my line would be at 100% when I started this program and it is my goal to advance that line. You are an inspiration by the way. A study in how a person's "psychology" enables them to deal with the current situation at hand. Be it trauma or otherwise. I wonder if the psychology support your plan offered may have bolstered you. You may not feel you need it...knowing you. Tough guy. All due respect.

So in going forwards in your journey I wish you the best. All the best. Be smart. Be wise. You are the captain of your ship in the end and the medical support that you get is there to serve you. Take full advantage of it but in the end you are the captain. As always. Keep us posted...with a measurement of your status and progress. God speed man.
      Last edited by don_budge; 10-30-2019, 10:50 PM.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I'd say 30-40%....

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
          I'd say 30-40%....
          That is very low and reflects on your ideal. Be that as it may...this is your starting point. Intelligence going forwards and a game plan. A strategy with sound tactics. Sound familiar? Between you and your advisors you can do this. So can I. We struggle together! We all do. My heart is in it. You can borrow from mine as yours has been weakened by the ordeal. You've got a wife who loves you. Lucky you! We can do this. Baby steps...turn into a leap when they accumulate. Hang in there Brother.
          don_budge

Comment

Phil,
            Every day is a day closer to your ideal level. You will get back to it. I know it.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

I also hope it will help reprogram muscle memory to get a better racket drop....

Comment

Am now up to 60% and rising rapidly...

Comment

Am now up to 60% and rising rapidly...
                  Alright! Good work. Keep it up. I will bet that your excellent physical condition due to you "prehabilitation" regimen is what gets you back on your feet so quickly. Super job Phil...a great example and inspiration for us on the forum. Great news. Keep progressing and just know your limits...if you know what I mean.
                  don_budge

Comment

Started working with weights, stretching and stationary cycling... getting better all lthe time.

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                      Alright! Good work. Keep it up. I will bet that your excellent physical condition due to your "prehabilitation" regimen is what gets you back on your feet so quickly. Super job Phil...a great example and inspiration for us on the forum. Great news. Keep progressing and just know your limits...if you know what I mean.

Started working with weights, stretching and stationary cycling... getting better all lthe time.
                      Atta boy! Hung in there and now starting to hit back. Weathered the storm and now getting back on your feet. A good lesson here regards your "prehabilitation" regimen. I'm on board. Be smart. Be tough. Good work!
                      don_budge

Comment

Am back slmost to normal. Will see surgeon thursday. Am working with weights, cycling, stretching using the eye coach to practice my swings...

Comment

Am back slmost to normal. Will see surgeon thursday. Am working with weights, cycling, stretching using the eye coach to practice my swings...
                          The prehab served you well. Keep it up gzphpcu. I'm prehabing. Prehabing hard. Swinging the golf club myself. Tennis is a possibility.
                          don_budge

Comment

Came back from the hospital for a postoperation checkup. They told me all my health values are perfect, that they rarely see a heart patient recover so quickly and have perfect values. Heart has no atrial fibrilation anymore. Guess I am lucky.

Comment

You are lucky but you are also very smart. Most patients didn't take care of themselves like you have all these years. You were always perfect in my eyes Phil. Congrats on the good news and I'm so proud of you.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                                You are lucky but you are also very smart. Most patients didn't take care of themselves like you have all these years. You were always perfect in my eyes Phil. Congrats on the good news and I'm so proud of you.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                                Boca Raton
                                So true..."the harder I work the luckier I get". Thanks klacr for your poignant thought and thank you Phil for being an inspiration and sharing your "tough situation" with the forum. We can all learn something from this thread. I hope. It's a huge lesson and I have really read a lot into this. Life is short. Continue to get well and living a positive and productive life.
                                don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8346 users online. 3 members and 8343 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X