No announcement yet.

Heart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Olly Green. Just 10 years old and recovering from open-heart surgery. Last Thursday, I gave him his first 20 minute lesson since the operation. It was baby steps...he did great. The kid has guts and will power like you wouldn't believe.

What an ordeal to go through. His mother was in bits as you can imagine. The operation took 6 hours but then something wasn't quite right so he had to back to theatre for more. He should be completely recovered by Christmas day!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Stotty

Comment

Thanks friends and, stotty, special greeting to Olly.
      P.S. Just saw my heart surgeon. I asked him about tennis. He said "You will play better than before.." Told me I can start playing again, but slowly at first. Will wait three weeks (at the insistence of my wife....), then start again...
      Last edited by gzhpcu; 12-02-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
        Meet Olly Green. Just 10 years old and recovering from open-heart surgery. Last Thursday, I gave him his first 20 minute lesson since the operation. It was baby steps...he did great. The kid has guts and will power like you wouldn't believe.

What an ordeal to go through. His mother was in bits as you can imagine. The operation took 6 hours but then something wasn't quite right so he had to back to theatre for more. He should be completely recovered by Christmas day!
        Great story and photo. Like that you have him hitting volleys.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post

Great story and photo. Like that you have him hitting volleys.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton
          Thanks, I was hoping someone would notice that...the volleys that is.
          Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Thanks, I was hoping someone would notice that...the volleys that is.
            I certainly noticed and appreciate it.

Phil, you'll be hitting volleys in no time. I know you are itching to get back on court.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Am training groundstrokes with the Eye Coach at home.

Comment

gzhpcu...aka Phil. It's been a couple of weeks my Man...what about an update. Hope all is going on schedule. I know you are on top of the rehab. Hard to believe it has been a month and a half since the procedure...isn't it?
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Thanks for asking. Am completely back in shape. Will hit the courts next week. Can hardly wait....

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                    Thanks for asking. Am completely back in shape. Will hit the courts next week. Can hardly wait....
                    Great to hear. Inspirational even. Battling back...intelligently. Thanks for sharing your story and I cannot imagine how good it is going to feel to get back on the court and hit a few. I can hardly wait. Make a video of your maiden voyage back.
                    don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Played today for the first time since my operation. Just rallyed and hit serves for 45 minutes. Not too bad considering. A bit slow off the mark, but no muscle ache. Great to be back on the courts again...

Comment

Great to hear you are back on court again. Tennis is such a great sport. You can play it for a lifetime. A woman at my club is nearly 90 and she still plays twice and week. And she runs for short balls!

Olly, the 10-year-old I mentioned earlier, is back to full health...running like greyhound! Kids recover so much quicker than us adults.
                        Stotty

Comment

Played a match today. Went very well. Not tired, no muscle ache. My exercising and stretching at home payed off.

Comment

Great Job Phil. Welcome back.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7732 users online. 2 members and 7730 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X