No announcement yet.

ATP Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now there are a couple of stand up guys...stroke and doctorhi. Be a man about it...that is my advice to stotty. The silent treatment is for women and cowards. Think about it.

I'm liking Daniil Medvedev more and more. Liked him from the beginning and he really got my attention that night in New York when he flipped off the crowd. He did it in a way that was more mischievous than malicious. He doesn't seem to have any malice. Not much anyways. That took a lot of balls...a lot of moxie. This guy is a bit of an enigma and he has an idea. Like the main character in Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "The Adolescent"...he has an idea. A big idea.

The cast of characters are starting to materialise and it looks as if Dominic Thiem and Daniil Medvedev are solidly in the mix. Go to the net and shake your worthy opponents hand...win or lose. Let the moment soak in. It takes a rather evolved soul to come to that conclusion in today's world of selfies. The general overall malaise.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

What does it mean to have Moxie?

If you have moxie, you won't let a minor setback stop you from trying again, because you're a determined person who doesn't give up easily. Moxie describes someone with a fighting spirit.

I would say that Daniil has a lot of moxie by definition. I know...I can relate. He really arrived I believe with this tournament. I am a performance analyst. I added that to my Facebook. Performance analyst. I observe...then I relate. I describe. He remained composed throughout the tournament no matter who the foe was on the other side of the net. He got behind in a couple of matches then he just dug in. This experience is going to serve him well. He hasn't had that deer in the headlights look yet that some of the other young up and comers seem to get once they have tasted a bit of success. The post match ritual is a sign that young Medvedev believes that there is much more to be done and he isn't going to prematurely celebrate or even let on that he is celebrating. Nope, he goes back to the room with the coach and the team and then he celebrates. That way the opponents know even less about him than they did before. It's a brilliant tactic. Genius.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Why does Medvedev remind me of Robert Mitchum?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3242 users online. 5 members and 3237 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X