No announcement yet.

2021 Wimbledon Championships...ATP 2000...London, England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyrgios amuses. His fastest serve in today's match came on second serve, and he got 2 aces on second serves.
    I love it. Adds some interest, variety. 29 aces in maybe 17 games (incl TB) will keep one in a lot of matches.

filedata/fetch?id=94518&d=1625166424&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 07-01-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
      Kyrgios amuses. His fastest serve in today's match came on second serve, and he got 2 aces on second serves.
      I love it. Adds some interest, variety. 29 aces in maybe 17 games (incl TB) will keep one in a lot of matches.

filedata/fetch?id=94518&d=1625166424&type=thumb
      Only a guy that's too cool for school could hit a 135mph second serve, but then he is an ace machine at times. Massively heavy delivery.
      Stotty

Comment

So Gasquet went in with a white flag as usual, not that I saw a single shot because I find to bloke a wet lettuce. Nice backhand though. I think Roger could be pensionable age and still couldn't lose to Gasquet.
        Stotty

Comment

Gasquet it appears would rather play his style look good and lose than try to incorporate a possible winning strategy. We saw the same thing at the French Open vs. Rafa. He makes a good living playing tennis his way, but I respect Kyrgios’ mentality more than Gasquet’s.

Comment

Originally posted by jthb1021 View Post
            Gasquet it appears would rather play his style look good and lose than try to incorporate a possible winning strategy. We saw the same thing at the French Open vs. Rafa. He makes a good living playing tennis his way, but I respect Kyrgios’ mentality more than Gasquet’s.
            Have to say I agree. And I do not like myself that I am agreeing here. I actually like Richard, but he as you know does not have what it takes to get it done when the water meets the wheel so to speak.

Comment

Perfectly put. He makes a good living (millions) and very happy to rollover than put up a decent scrap. If I had my way I would put him in a dress and switch him over to the WTA tour...feed him to Serena.
              Stotty

Comment

Raskolnikov (Rublev) is playing Fognini on court 3. Fognini is always 10 out of 10 for entertainment at Wimbledon. He always progresses through the draw in close matches and can mix it with anyone. Rublev just drilled a 100mph forehand down the line and Fognini pinged it straight back for a forehand winner crosscourt...there lies the benefit of a compact swing I guess.

Rublev the more hungry and determined of the two players while Fognini just fancies making life difficult for Rublev for the hell of it.

Rublev leads 2 sets to one.
                Stotty

Comment

Coco Gauff and the Hype...Expectations vs. Belief

I think that Coco Gauff is seventeen now and she is cruising through the ladies draw and into the third round. I haven't seen a lot of her except in an interview with Chris Evert and the other talking head. Coco was asked what the difference was between now being in the draw and two years ago when as a 15 year old she made an appearance.

In the past I have been ultra critical of Serena Williams and truth is, I have been holding back. There is something that I really don't like about Serena on the same level that I detest her alter ego on the men's side...Rafa Nadal. But Coco spoke very maturely answering the questions she was asked and I really hope that she continues to present herself with poise, confidence and some semblance of down to earthiness. She said that the big difference between now and then was then she was given a wild card into the draw. This time she is the 20th seed. That is a big difference. Then she went on to explain that she is not listening to the "expectations" and only listening to her "belief" that she deserves to win. I thought that this was a very mature answer. We can see how the "expectations" really take a toll on players psyche and ability to perform. Hers is the correct attitude and I thought it was particularly resonating with me...and my golf game.

Expectations are a wild card. These we cannot control. But we can control our attitudes and draw strength from belief and faith. I will be pulling for Coco if I happen to see her during the tournament. Just from that small take...she said a mouthful. I hope it is indicative of her as a person. She came across as...genuine.
                  don_budge
                  Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Sebastien I think has entered to conversation as a true contender here. Sebastien, Medvedev, Berenttini, Nick, Alex, all could possibly beat Novak and Fed here if things fall their way. FAA maybe also, but he seems a bit more of a reach than these others.
                    Last edited by stroke; 07-02-2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

How good does Korda look? First Wimbledon and plays like that to get into the second week. His backhand looks like one that will hold up at the higher levels of the game. As an American I’m grateful and that he grew up in Florida but isn’t choosing to play for Russia or another country like others have done in the past. I’m a fan of his attitude, body language, and energy he brings to the court. His game is easy on the eyes without obvious flaws,and I look forward to watching him for years to come as he comes into his own and whatever results that come. In my humble opinion it looks good!

Comment

How good does Korda look? First Wimbledon and plays like that to get into the second week. His backhand looks like one that will hold up at the higher levels of the game. As an American I’m grateful and that he grew up in Florida but isn’t choosing to play for Russia or another country like others have done in the past. I’m a fan of his attitude, body language, and energy he brings to the court. His game is easy on the eyes without obvious flaws,and I look forward to watching him for years to come as he comes into his own and whatever results that come. In my humble opinion it looks good!
                        Well said.

Comment

If Murray plods his way through this match, I will be very surprised. Denis is just such a better tennis player at this point.

Comment

He's good...he's very good.
                            Stotty

Comment

Hard to watch.

Comment

Murray completely flattened. Shapo way too good.

Only one Brit now left in the draw. I should support Norrie against Roger but not sure I can do it. It will be far more interesting if Roger progresses. I can see Roger getting better if he can keep sneaking through the draw.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 10895 users online. 8 members and 10887 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X