French Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    Musetti looks great routining Norrie. We will certainly see where he is at next up probably vs Alcaraz.
    Can we actually see the Musetti that took Djokovic to 5 reach the potential he teased us with?

I recall that Musetti had to rush back to take his high school oral exams then <g>.

Comment

What we're missing - Rafa.

Just for your amusement or whatever, I've been experimenting with using Generative AI to create images. This is what AI does with Rafael Nadal (creating an image based on a much longer text prompt).

filedata/fetch?id=100973&d=1685732610&type=thumb
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by jimlosaltos; 06-03-2023, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Alcaraz is really working over Shapovalov with that forehand, which looks like the biggest forehand weapon on clay since Nadal.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
          Alcaraz is really working over Shapovalov with that forehand, which looks like the biggest forehand weapon on clay since Nadal.
          It is...a massive forehand that is. One of the best I have seen. That match was easier than I thought it would be, as was Musetti's win over Norrie.
          Stotty

Comment

One thing that gives me hope if Alcaraz and Novak do go on to meet, is that Alcaraz has far more to throw at Novak than anyone else on the tour. The combination of his explosive power and exquisite drop shots could be decisive. He's an exciting player. I like him a lot.
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
              What we're missing - Rafa.

Just for your amusement or whatever, I've been experimenting with using Generative AI to create images. This is what AI does with Rafael Nadal (creating an imagine based on a much longer text prompt).

filedata/fetch?id=100973&d=1685732610&type=thumb
              Well that's a horrible photo. Yours are ten times better. AI is nowhere near your level yet then.
              Stotty

Comment

Could be interesting....

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 22.59.53.png
                Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                  Could be interesting....

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 22.59.53.png
                  Fingers crossed for a great match.

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Well that's a horrible photo. Yours are ten times better. AI is nowhere near your level yet then.
                    Shuuuush. It's, the AI, listening ( but thanks)
                    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 06-03-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

To follow up on Kyle LaCroix aka @TennisTycoon's insight on the spread of viral, stomach illness at the event, Elena Rybakina withdrew today with the same bug.

"I couldn’t stay on court for more than 10 minutes," she told press.

Rybakina shared she had a pair of sleepless nights as she battled a fever and headache.

"It was after my second match. Everything was going well. I don't know," Rybakina said. "Just all of a sudden I start to feel bad, and it was not better at all."

Comment

Wild follows up on upset of Medy with this rare "Over and Back" Volley

Comment

Cerundolo wins yet another Battle of the Big Fearhands, this over Fritz in 4 sets.
                          Iga the Baker delivers another pair of tasty bagels, this to Wang.
                          Mertens took out number 3 Pegula Friday, in a battle of top-ranked doubles players each without their partner. Don't look now but Mertens' draw is opening up.

Comment

Sunday Popcorn Match

Alcaraz vs Musetti, who looked sharp in straights over Norrie, while Alcaraz just looks sharp period.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
                              Sunday Popcorn Match

Alcaraz vs Musetti, who looked sharp in straights over Norrie, while Alcaraz just looks sharp period.
                              Alcaraz will surely be the strong favorite, but Musetti has a beautiful game. I just don't think he can beat Alcaraz dropping back behind the baseline and seeing who can bring the most pain for his opponent. It sure was good to see Grigor move on, with his beautiful game. Grigor really wants to get the most out of his career it seems.

Comment

Absolute packed house for Zverev vs Tiafoe in a huge match for both.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4225 users online. 7 members and 4218 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X