A New Year's Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Do Not

Do not, if you have the forehand arsenal I have described, hit any open or even semi-open Ellie-bams.

Ellsworth Vines had special shots for dealing with extremely wide balls but why try to learn them?

Not if you have a versatile Federfore.

But do you have the forehand arsenal I have described? Of course not. It's just me and that's fine.

The Ellie-bam employs a dancer's weight transfer from rear to front foot coincident with delayed hips turn.

No need to compromise that ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottle View Post
      One Do Not

Do not, if you have the forehand arsenal I have described, hit any open or even semi-open Ellie-bams.

Ellsworth Vines had special shots for dealing with extremely wide balls but why try to learn them?

Not if you have a versatile Federfore.

But do you have the forehand arsenal I have described? Of course not. It's just me and that's fine.

The Ellie-bam employs a dancer's weight transfer from rear to front foot coincident with delayed hips turn.

No need to compromise that ever.
      More sheer and utter nonsense. Happy jerk?

Originally posted by bottle View Post
      So why don't you do it?
      bottle...can I ask you a question? Why have you decided to become the biggest asshole that you can possibly be? Why? Can you possibly sink any lower? Do you hate yourself and your life so much that all you can think of is trying to get under others skin? Being irritating? Because you can? Is that winning to you? If it is...you are one of if not the biggest losers that I have ever met in my entire life and you support the theory about the level of the human race in general. Racist? The human race you idiot. You fucking idiot. Have you no shame? No pride? No self-respect? You are pathetic and nobody on this forum shows you any respect...because you do not deserve it. Have you noticed that nobody participates in your innocuous nonsense? You don't make any sense to others. What does that spell for you? Everybody else is insane?

You're a one man wrecking crew alright. Trying to destroy any semblance of people of like minded interests on this forum from having a good time. A place where they can get away from the nonsense. No...instead you shit all over your own house...your own play pen. One could say you are being childish...but that would reflect badly on children. You are in a league of your own and there is no level low enough for you to stoop too. If you think you are funny...you are not. If you think you are clever...you are not. 10splayers hit it on the head...you are really a mess.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post

More sheer and utter nonsense. Happy jerk?

bottle...can I ask you a question? Why have you decided to become the biggest asshole that you can possibly be? Why? Can you possibly sink any lower? Do you hate yourself and your life so much that all you can think of is trying to get under others skin? Being irritating? Because you can? Is that winning to you? If it is...you are one of if not the biggest losers that I have ever met in my entire life and you support the theory about the level of the human race in general. Racist? The human race you idiot. You fucking idiot. Have you no shame? No pride? No self-respect? You are pathetic and nobody on this forum shows you any respect...because you do not deserve it. Have you noticed that nobody participates in your innocuous nonsense? You don't make any sense to others. What does that spell for you? Everybody else is insane?

You're a one man wrecking crew alright. Trying to destroy any semblance of people of like minded interests on this forum from having a good time. A place where they can get away from the nonsense. No...instead you shit all over your own house...your own play pen. One could say you are being childish...but that would reflect badly on children. You are in a league of your own and there is no level low enough for you to stoop too. If you think you are funny...you are not. If you think you are clever...you are not. 10splayers hit it on the head...you are really a mess.
        No, he used a different expression, being a foul-mouthed Tennis Nazi like you. So Mr. Yandell, what do you think is the best course of action from here? If you make a suggestion of which I am a part, I will probably take it. Should I leave the website? I tried the blocking idea, which I thought was a very good one, but was unsuccessful. You called a truce and I complied. The other guy didn't. So...?

Man, there are a lot of lies in Steve's post here. And he is way off on technical questions this time. I thought he was better than that. His technical judgment clearly was obscured by his passion. One's got to be able to take criticism. And remember if one wants to avoid the most common grammatical error in English that "possessive its never splits."
        Last edited by bottle; 09-03-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

No, he used a different expression, being a foul-mouthed Tennis Nazi like you. So Mr. Yandell, what do you think is the best course of action from here? If you make a suggestion of which I am a part, I will probably take it. Should I leave the website? I tried the blocking idea, which I thought was a very good one, but was unsuccessful. You called a truce and I complied. The other guy didn't. So...?
          You haven't complied with anything. Leave the website...nobody will miss you.
          don_budge

Comment

• Straw man in the words of faultsnaces. Another direct hit.
            don_budge

Comment

• Happy bottle? Not happy until you destroy it all.
              don_budge

Comment

• Your opinions don't count because you are out of control. Goddamn, I beat don_budge in tennis! Didn't think I could do that.

I'm waiting to hear from John Yandell and will do what he says since he invited me to write in this new website in the first place, said I would have more fun than at TennisOne and he was right.
                Last edited by bottle; 09-03-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• I have an idea for a possible solution. Try to do what I did. That would be not to read the other person's posts. Simply do not read anything I write. And don't comment on it either. The trouble, in practice, was that I would be holding forth on some subject of my choosing, and you, don_budge would then use your incredible extra-sensory perception to know that you just received a personal attack. But you didn't. That was coincidence of the kind that I had warned might happen. On the other hand I can just stop writing letters here. It won't matter to ANYBODY: how do I know? Because don_budge says so. And it certainly won't matter to me since I'm going to be very busy with my 125 little don_budges, tough guys and gals from Detroit who somehow missed Aretha's song.

We come back to my arguing that there was a place in the world for Vic Braden type whirling dervish serves. That set off 10splayer. He went ballistic! It must have been the worst thing he heard in his whole life. And now, today or yesterday, can't remember which, I opined that one shouldn't hit a semi-open or open Ellie-bam if one had good alternatives. And this caused don_budge to go ballistic! to become more than unhinged! to launch into a vast diatribe.

No no, I know don_budge better than that. He doesn't care anything about the Ellie-bam, doesn't even know what one is. He had been angered by something else in the website but arbitrarily decided to put his anger there with the Ellie-bam so as to do what he felt would be maximum tennis damage.
                  Last edited by bottle; 09-03-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                    Have you noticed that nobody participates in your innocuous nonsense?
                    Possible answers, all better than any you offered:

1) It isn't "innocuous" but rather substantial if technical, and people would rather be entertained than have to think.

2) It isn't "nonsense" but rather honest first-hand report, and something that is not nonsense is not easily dismissed-- dismissal being the thing a lazy reader most wants.

3) It's very personal, as I've said many times. These are MY STROKES arrived at in a different way. One doesn't have to accept them-- I've never argued for that. The methodology or way of arriving at them might be the most interesting thing here since that could apply to anyone's development of individualized strokes, i.e., THEIR STROKES. It could lead to less cookie cutter stuff. And keep one passionately involved in the game.

4) They don't know how to do self-feed and therefore would find it boring as you did when you recently tried it. One needs a very specific purpose. That's what makes self-feed sing and excite.

5) They don't want to risk the ire of the great blustering Tennis Nazi, the one who DOES participate in every word I write here at TennisPlayer although he shouldn't, the horseboy who calls himself don_budge.
                    Last edited by bottle; 09-03-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Possible answers, all better than any you offered:

1) It isn't "innocuous" but rather substantial if technical, and people would rather be entertained than have to think.

2) It isn't "nonsense" but rather honest first-hand report, and something that is not nonsense is not easily dismissed-- dismissal being the thing a lazy reader most wants.

3) It's very personal, as I've said many times. These are MY STROKES arrived at in a different way. One doesn't have to accept them-- I've never argued for that. The methodology or way of arriving at them might be the most interesting thing here since that could apply to anyone's development of individualized strokes, i.e., THEIR STROKES. It could lead to less cookie cutter stuff. And keep one passionately involved in the game.

4) They don't know how to do self-feed and therefore would find it boring as you did when you recently tried it. One needs a very specific purpose. That's what makes self-feed sing and excite.

5) They don't want to risk the ire of the great blustering Tennis Nazi, the one who DOES participate in every word I write here at TennisPlayer although he shouldn't, the horseboy who calls himself don_budge.
                      Speaking of self feeds, many of us would like to see you try that on an interstate highway.

Last edited by 10splayer; 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Just another avid fan who can't stay away from my posts. And even checks on the circulation figures for my books.

Comment

Just another avid fan who can't stay away from my posts. And even checks on the circulation figures for my books.
                          No really, I heard the bounce on interstates are very "true". Give it a shot.

Comment

• So why were you interested in the number of my books sold?

Comment

• I think the tennis rancor in the forum has gotten worse not better over the years, John Yandell. Nabrug was definitely the worst, but these guys make Bungalo Bill seem like a teddy-bear. When I'm conversing with them I feel like the protagonist in DARKNESS AT NOON by Arthur Koestler. I'm sorry if it offends too much for me to say so, but I think of these two guys as big Nazi goons even if they have been among my most faithful readers.
                              Last edited by bottle; 09-03-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• On Your Mark

It's a new day. Get set. Go.
                                Last edited by bottle; 09-04-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8266 users online. 6 members and 8260 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X